Handgunhunt

Pistol laesh?

Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Pistol laesh? - 08/21/2008 8:13 PM

Does anybody use one? And if so,for what application?http://www.pistolleash.com/spec.html
Posted By: dertiedawg

Re: Pistol laesh? - 08/21/2008 8:58 PM

They need one of those in Hollywood, every time someone or something is after someone, they always trip and fall, or drop their gun (pistol leash). Ever notice how they shoot the gun and then cock it again when stalking someone. You never see the bullet in the chamber eject. Pull their gun out of their holster and cock it. Who the hell carries a gun and doesn't have it already cocked.
Posted By: rupe

Re: Pistol laesh? - 08/23/2008 2:06 AM

I could see it getting hung up on something and jerking you to the ground or twisting around it's self like a phone cord and you not being able to draw your gun fast. I think it's a waste of cash.
Posted By: dertiedawg

Re: Pistol laesh? - 08/23/2008 3:13 AM

Good point rupe, I wouldn't waste my money either.
Posted By: leasongs

Re: Pistol laesh? - 08/23/2008 2:38 PM

looks like more of a tactical use type tool. Still looks like it would cause more problems than it is worth!
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Pistol laesh? - 08/23/2008 2:51 PM

It almost looks like something the military would use. Particularly the Navy on a boat. We had to use something similar before. Those actually look more user friendly than what I have had to use.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Pistol laesh? - 08/24/2008 6:01 AM

The primary use I've seen is law enforcement officers. The main idea they sited was helping keep a bad guy from gaining total control of their weapon in a worst case type scenario. That said, I also know of some guys that use them up here, especially guys that spend a lot of time in boats on rivers & such. Many of them don't like having any type of retention devise (good holsters with real thumbreaks are hard to find for many guns, especially single actions like the BH, SBH, & FA) on a holster that will slow down getting the gun out in thick brush bear defense situations, but don't want to take a chance on loosing a gun in the event a conoe tips over etc. Some also say they like the idea because if a bear does get them down & they loose their grip on the gun, they won't be seperated from it.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums