Handgunhunt

I need your prayers - update

Posted By: Gary

I need your prayers - update - 09/20/2008 12:17 AM

For those so inclined my daughter could use your prayers. She's been in the hospital for the past few days and they can't find out what's wrong with her but it is starting to appear fairly serious. I'll know more in a day or two but we'll take all the help we can get.

Thanks Guys.

Gary
Posted By: elkbelch

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 12:40 AM

You have our prayers. I have two daughters of my own, and I feel for you.

Shawn
Posted By: larry223

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 12:41 AM

any time i can with prayers you and yours are more then welcome
sorry to hear about this i know all to well about hospitals
god bless
larry
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 12:44 AM

Prayers sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Larry in SD

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 12:59 AM

Consider it done Gary. I sincerely hope they find out what the ailment is and can fix it easily. Children are a constant source of worry for parents as it seems.

Larry
Posted By: Tigger

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 1:02 AM

Prayers are on the way Gary!!! Healing for your daughter and strength for you.

Please keep us informed as to how she is doing.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 1:10 AM

There is not a whole lot any one of us can do --- but there is a whole lot all of us can do.

Romans 8:28 say it all
Posted By: Ernie

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 1:24 AM

Gary,
I will be praying for her.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 1:26 AM

I too will be praying Gary.
like Shawn I have two teenage daughters & can feel your pain.
Posted By: fastguns

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 1:48 AM

delete
Posted By: pab1

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 1:52 AM

You're daughter and family will be in all of our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: lhunter03

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 2:08 AM

Prayer's are on there way.

Lars
Posted By: KYODE

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 2:15 AM

prayers for you n yours gary. children are a blessing. get well soon n hope they find the problem....n cure!
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 3:08 AM

Our prayers are with you and yours
Posted By: dertiedawg

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 3:14 AM

Prayers sent. Will keep her on my prayer list too.
DDawg
Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 5:09 AM

You got it Gary. Wisdom to the Doctor's, Healing for your Daughter. In Jesus Name.
Posted By: sscoyote

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 5:15 AM

Hang in there Gary. Hope all turns out well.
Posted By: Jeremy

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 6:43 AM

I have a 3 year daughter and I cannot even imagine what you and your family are going through. Prayers sent! Hope the docs can give her some kind of relief.
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 8:57 AM

I'm not a religious person, but I am a parent. My thoughts are with you and your daughter. May everything turn out OK.
Posted By: Mikewin

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 9:15 AM

Gary,

since I've met your wonderful daughter and have two myself - alhough much younger - my prayers and thoughts are certainly with you. Give her my absolute best. Hope everything will turn ut well soon.
Posted By: Mauser6818

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 1:40 PM

Gary,

May God's grace, love, and mercy be with your daughter, you, and your family. I too have children, and have found out they are often times tougher and more resiliant than I am! Be encouraged to know that God will never abandon you and yours and will provide all the strength, courage, and comfort needed to pull thru this time. Prayers are sent to you.

God Bless You and Your Family Gary.

Mike
Posted By: Diego

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 2:19 PM

Casting all your anxiety upon Him because He cares for you.

In prayer for your daughter, you,& your family
Jim & Susan
Posted By: El Che

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 2:48 PM

You know Gary, I don't believe in God, but if I believed in Him, this would be the better occasion to pray Him. I hope with all my heart that your daughter could feel good in a very short time, and, my own way, I will pray for her.
Posted By: Rick

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 2:54 PM

Gary,
Prayers sent for you and your family's strength. Prayers sent for the doctors to find and correct the cause of the problems. Please keep us posted as time allows.
Rick
Posted By: Montanan

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 2:54 PM

Gary

This was the first post I clicked on this morning, yes by all means you and your family are lifted up in prayer. I pray your daughters condition improves as I type.

God's grace to you all, and may his healing hand rest on your daughter.

Jon

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 5:27 PM

Thanks everyone. Still searching for an answer to what she's got but they have her on some stiff antibiotics - hopefully that will help.
Posted By: bare-hunter

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 5:42 PM

Gods speed for her recovery
Posted By: SCOTTx88

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 10:53 PM

You got em.
Posted By: MIHunter

Re: I need your prayers - 09/20/2008 11:07 PM

Already sent.
Posted By: tred1956

Re: I need your prayers - 09/21/2008 12:25 AM

Gary, prayers are on the way for you and your daughter. I do believe in God and am proud to be known as a Christian. Always remember God is still in CONTROL and still in the healing business.

Doug
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: I need your prayers - 09/21/2008 1:34 AM

Prayers sent for you, your family, and doctors. Continue to praise God throughout your trials and let Him comfort you. Take comfort in knowing your daughter is in His hands. God bless.
Posted By: DeerDad

Re: I need your prayers - 09/21/2008 1:53 AM

I will also be praying for your daughter and family. I have been in the hospital each month this year so far with my wife and know what your dealing with. Be sure you take care of yourself along with her. If you get sick and run down you cannot help her.

Remember God never gives you more than you can handle. There will be some good for Him to come out of this. Just remember give Him the glory when your daughter comes home.
Posted By: 243fan

Re: I need your prayers - 09/21/2008 3:57 AM

Will do! She'll go on our prayer list at church.......
Posted By: Score Guy

Re: I need your prayers - 09/21/2008 5:49 AM

Gary, count another prayer on its way for your child and your family!
Posted By: Pasco

Re: I need your prayers - 09/21/2008 8:28 AM

I know how it feels when your children are hurting. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: N.E.S.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/22/2008 4:31 PM

Prayer sent, i have a daughter also, think positive it will help
N.E.S.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: I need your prayers - 09/22/2008 9:48 PM

Sorry to hear this Gary, I would have posted sooner but I was out of town, you and your family are in our prayers.
Posted By: mig rod

Re: I need your prayers - 09/22/2008 10:58 PM

Dear Gary
I wish the best for your daughter.
Our prayers have been sent, hopefully
she'll recover and find out her ailment
isn't serious. Best wishes.

Miguel Rodriguez (Mig Rod)
Posted By: edd

Re: I need your prayers - 09/23/2008 6:12 PM

Our family is praying for you and your daughter.

God is our refuge and our strength.

Ed

Re: I need your prayers - 09/23/2008 9:34 PM

Hey Gary, any update on your princess?
Posted By: SS 308

Re: I need your prayers - 09/23/2008 9:44 PM

Your family will be in our hearts and in our prayers.

Keep us posted!

Re: I need your prayers - 09/24/2008 1:20 PM

Originally Posted By: dertiedawg
Hey Gary, any update on your princess?

Not really - they still don't know what's wrong. I guess the good news is that they've ruled out a bunch of nasty stuff. I can't say I've been impressed at all with 90% of these doctors.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/24/2008 1:24 PM

Just to let you know, that you and your daughter are in our prayers.
Posted By: popeanyoung

Re: I need your prayers - 09/24/2008 4:01 PM

Keep hangin in Gary. When I was about 15 I got sick and was in and out of the hospital/doctors offices for SEVERAL MONTHS. The doctors just couldn't figure out what was wrong. My family all started to get pretty scared but tried not to let me know it. I was starting to wonder if I would ever get better and about that time I did. I was doing a heck of a lot of prayin during that time and it got me through. Lots of good folks are prayin for you/your daughter.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/24/2008 8:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary
I can't say I've been impressed at all with 90% of these doctors.

Thats why I travel over 200 miles to see my orthopedic surgeons, I've seen more docs in the past 20 years than I care to count. I have alot of experience in this so my best advice is this, remember they are only human and if your not comfortable with them let them know. You are in charge, not them, they have to answer to you no matter how close to being God they think they are. Don't let them intimidate or bullsh!t you and if your not liking whats happening transfer her to another facility if she is stable enough but don't be afraid to get in their face if your not happy with the way they are handling things. It took me a while but I finally figured out you can fire doctors and get a new one. Our prayers are with you and for the docs to figure it out.
Posted By: gene

Re: I need your prayers - 09/25/2008 2:37 AM

Gary,Been out of touch for about a week. Just wanted you to know that my prayers are with you and your daughter, there is nothing like them(i have two that are 28&30).you know that god is in control and he knows what is going to happen before anything.So that is why we have each other to lean on once in awhile when things happen.Stay strong and don't give up KEEP FIGHTING FOR WHAT GOD GAVE YOU.IT just tries our faith.My wife has been sick for five yrs with headaches had her all over the place(va.)Took her to A.M.C. to pain clinc to see Dr. Lee and found out what it was in one visit. Now she is recovering great.So see there has been alot praying for us all this time and with gods help and determination we got there. God help this girl and give the parents the wisdom that the need.
Posted By: michael71

Re: I need your prayers - 09/25/2008 5:23 AM

gary,prayers sent for your daughter and the doctors treating her. "james 5:15"
Posted By: rupe

Re: I need your prayers - 09/25/2008 6:14 PM

Gary I've been busy lately and just saw this. I will hold her up in Prayer to our Father the Healer. God Bless her, you, your family, and may God give the Doctors the wisdom and skills to heal your daughter. God Bless, rupe

Re: I need your prayers - 09/25/2008 7:20 PM

Originally Posted By: gene
Gary,Been out of touch for about a week. Just wanted you to know that my prayers are with you and your daughter, there is nothing like them(i have two that are 28&30).you know that god is in control and he knows what is going to happen before anything.So that is why we have each other to lean on once in awhile when things happen.Stay strong and don't give up KEEP FIGHTING FOR WHAT GOD GAVE YOU.IT just tries our faith.My wife has been sick for five yrs with headaches had her all over the place(va.)Took her to A.M.C. to pain clinc to see Dr. Lee and found out what it was in one visit. Now she is recovering great.So see there has been alot praying for us all this time and with gods help and determination we got there. God help this girl and give the parents the wisdom that the need.

What's A.M.C.?
Posted By: Andyhunter

Re: I need your prayers - 09/26/2008 11:42 AM

She will be in my prayers tonight!

Re: I need your prayers - 09/26/2008 8:16 PM

Gary, any news on your daughter?
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 4:40 PM

Still praying Gary.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 4:54 PM

Well she's been released from the hospital but they are no closer to knowing why she's still passing out than they were 3 weeks ago. I guess we'll start the process again on Monday at Children's Hospital.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 7:28 PM

Hang in there Gary. I feel for you and your family. Maybe they will find something out with a different set of Doctors.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 7:33 PM

Still praying for you and your family.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 7:36 PM

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes. I really do appreciate it very much.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 8:12 PM

Gary I have been lifting your daughter and family up in prayers, and will continue until we see resolve. Sometimes it is so hard to understand what is going on. Trust in God to heal your daughter. <><
Posted By: briarhopper

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 8:54 PM

Gary, I have 7 children of my own, 4 of which are daughters. I could not imagine having one in the hospital and just not knowing. We will have her on the prayer list at church tomorrow.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/27/2008 11:02 PM

Gary, we'll continue to have your daughter and family in our thoughts and prayers.

Re: I need your prayers - 09/29/2008 1:49 PM

Gary, still thinking and praying for your daughter and family.
Keep the faith brother...
Posted By: ducks

Re: I need your prayers - 09/29/2008 4:54 PM

Sent from Mississippi!!

Re: I need your prayers - 09/29/2008 10:38 PM

Still praying for you, her, your family, and all the doctors involved. Keep the faith Gary and take comfort she is not walking thru this alone.
Posted By: JV64

Re: I need your prayers - 10/02/2008 4:38 AM

Prayers to you and your family! Drop a line if I can help!
Jim

Re: I need your prayers - 10/02/2008 6:02 AM

your still in our thoughts and prayers Gary, have the docs at the childrens hospital been able to give you any new information?

Re: I need your prayers - 10/02/2008 7:08 AM

We are still prayin for you and your family.
Vin

Re: I need your prayers - 10/02/2008 2:36 PM

Nothing new - she goes to see a different neurologist tomorrow.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: I need your prayers - 10/02/2008 3:37 PM

Thanks for the update, prayers will be continued.
I have no idea what you are going through, as I have never faced anything like this before.
Posted By: RobR

Re: I need your prayers - 10/02/2008 6:48 PM

Gary,
Don't stop by much anymore. Have acquired an 18 mo old son and 13 day old daughter of my own. Has cramped my old carefree style a little. Now have some appreciation for what you are going through as a father. Hang in there, and don't forget to smile when you are with her.
Our prayers are with you.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/02/2008 9:04 PM

Prayer are still coming from the Adams Family!!!
Posted By: taurus41

Re: I need your prayers - 10/03/2008 7:32 PM

My wife, little girl, and I are all praying for your little one.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/04/2008 12:37 PM

We are still praying for her recovery and strength for your family.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/04/2008 10:23 PM

Prayers will continue Gary.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/10/2008 4:39 AM

anything from the new Neurologist Gary? Our prayers and good wishes are still going your way.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/10/2008 1:06 PM

Well she went back in the hospital on Tues. and is still there. They think now that she's having some sort of seizures. They put her on a medication yesterday and she had an allergic reaction that was pretty scary. So I'm not sure what the plan is for today.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/10/2008 1:11 PM

Hate to hear she reacted to the meds. Hopefully they find the cause and get it controlled and corrected. You all will remain in ours thoughts and prayers.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/10/2008 4:00 PM

I'm keeping her in my prayers!!!!

Re: I need your prayers - 10/10/2008 6:23 PM

Still thinking of ya!

Re: I need your prayers - 10/10/2008 9:25 PM

We are still praying for her Gary.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/11/2008 3:50 AM

We will keep her in our Prayers Gary, Our Father is the great healer and He will come through for her. Our Prayers go out for you and your family as well. This is got to be stressing out your whole family. God Bless you all! rupe
Posted By: Longstrides

Re: I need your prayers - 10/11/2008 6:58 AM

Still thinking of you and yours!
Posted By: gene

Re: I need your prayers - 10/11/2008 11:33 PM

Still praying for you guys

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 12:07 AM

Well they may have something figured out. Today they think she might have POTS. Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome - Not as bad as cancer or a brain tumor but very difficult to treat and a long-term problem.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 2:02 AM

Very sorry to hear that Gary. I will keep her in my prayers.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 2:38 AM

Gary....does this have any throw back to the surgery she had several years ago?

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 2:55 AM

Still hoping for the best Gary!!! The prayers are going non stop.

Lars

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 10:33 AM

Gary, sorry about what you are going through! I am sure you have had some troubled times over this.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 2:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan B.

I don't know. Very little is really known about this and most doctors have never heard of it.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 2:44 PM

Well continue to pray for her and the family.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 4:31 PM

Your daughter and family will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 8:15 PM

Prayers still coming for your whole family and the docs.
Glad it's not a brain tumor or cancer. Keep the faith.
Posted By: Mikewin

Re: I need your prayers - 10/13/2008 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary
 Originally Posted By: Dan B.

I don't know. Very little is really known about this and most doctors have never heard of it.

Which I guess explains the inadequate reception you got from the first bunch of doctors. Too bad anyway, but at least it does not seem to be deadly....your daughter will be in my prayers too.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/15/2008 2:01 PM

Gary I looked it up on Wikipedia and the following paragraph is what it has to say about it. The good thing is that it is NOT life threatening. Another good thing is that the doctors now know what they are dealing with and can take the appropriate steps. God is good, he is with you and your family and we are all praying for you and your family.

Vin
----- --------- -----------

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (often referred to as just postural tachycardia syndrome or POTS) is a condition of dysautonomia, and more specifically, orthostatic intolerance, in which a change from the supine position to an upright position causes an abnormally large increase in heart rate, called tachycardia. This is often, but not always, accompanied by a fall in blood pressure. Several studies show a decrease in cerebral blood flow with systolic and diastolic CBF velocity decreased 44 and 60%, respectively [1] Patients with POTS have problems maintaining homeostasis when changing position, i.e. moving from one chair to another or reaching above their heads. Many patients also experience symptoms when stationary or even while lying down. Symptoms present in various degrees of severity depending on the patient. POTS is a serious, though non-life threatening, medical condition that can be severely disabling and debilitating. Many patients are unable to attend school or work, and especially severe cases can completely incapacitate the patient.
Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/15/2008 8:42 PM

Gary,
looks like you have a great support of brothers here that are committed to praying for your little girl. Man, what a blessing!

God will perfect that wich concerns you and your family.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/17/2008 1:04 PM

Gary,
Glad they found a possible cause of the problems. Sorry that is it not something simple. We will continue to pray for your daughter, your family and you. Let her know she has a lot of people pulling for her. Hang in there.
Posted By: hunlee

Re: I need your prayers - 10/17/2008 2:07 PM

Hunlee is one that will pray for you!!!!!

hunlee

Re: I need your prayers - 10/18/2008 2:36 AM

Gary still praying partner.

Re: I need your prayers - 10/18/2008 2:37 AM

We are all here for you budddie!!!!

Lars
Posted By: mig rod

Re: I need your prayers - 10/18/2008 3:27 AM

Gary

I can only imagine what you are going through.
Continue foward, have faith, and hopefully all
will be resolved.

My father suffers from a similar condition, he
has gotten better. But when he had his first complete
blackout we all thought the worst. He was literally
fainting once a week in random places, restaurants,
at work. After many doctor visits, it turned out to
be some sort of stomach nerve that was affected with
stress and indigestions, made his blood pressure sky
rocket and he would collapse. It's been 6 years since
his last blackout. He takes bloodpressure pills and
tries not to eat spicy foods, so far he's cured.

I hope your little girl the best, God bless.
MigRod
Posted By: 10drenkor

Re: I need your prayers - 10/18/2008 4:33 AM

Gary,the post by D2 (DIRTIEDAWG) is correct,the diagnosis of POTS,while non life threatening can be a debilitating problem.In it's more severe form it can cause blackouts during positional changes,making it impossible for the patient to be able to work,drive a vehichle or take part in alot of day to day activities.THE GOOD NEWS IS: you now have a starting point,a diagnosis and some relief that your daughter does not have a more serious life threatening disease.A good reference point for information is of course the internet,but be careful,as I'm sure you know, not all info is accurate,while not all physicians are familiar with this illness (I have been a nurse for over 15 years,and have seen this DX twice)but there are specialists who will be able to point your daughters care in the right direction.Not all patients will respond to the first meds tried,just like any other illness,so be patient,and understanding with the healthcare team also.Eventually (soon) God willing your daughters symptoms will be controlled,and she can resume a more normal lifestyle.Keep positive thoughts,keep informed and keep your family first.
BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOURS.
JIM

Re: I need your prayers - 10/22/2008 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: 10drenkor
(I have been a nurse for over 15 years,and have seen this DX twice)but there are specialists who will be able to point your daughters care in the right direction.Not all patients will respond to the first meds tried,just like any other illness,so be patient,and understanding with the healthcare team also.Eventually (soon) God willing your daughters symptoms will be controlled,and she can resume a more normal lifestyle.Keep positive thoughts,keep informed and keep your family first.
BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOURS.
JIM

Gary still praying. Jim, so this is treatable with meds... that's great news. God is good.
Vin
Posted By: 10drenkor

Re: I need your prayers - 10/22/2008 1:45 AM

Note - Below are brief descriptions of some commonly used drugs for the treatment of POTS. This partial list is not a recommendation for any treatment, just the factual reporting of some of the drugs doctors most commonly prescribe. I strongly urge all POTS patients to see specialists in the field and not ask ordinary doctors for treatment with these drugs.

Beta blockers are used by many doctors to treat POTS and neurally mediated hypotension (NMH). I have heard of more bad drug reactions to beta blockers than any other drugs used for the treatment of POTS and NMH, especially for those patients who have NMH secondary to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In these patients beta blockers can actually cause POTS. Some patients have found beta blockers to be helpful, however, especially those patients who develop POTS because of an overly sensitive beta adrenergic system. For these sensitive patients only very low doses of beta blockers are usually required.

Florinef is a common drug for the treatment of POTS and NMH. It is used to stimulate the body’s retention of salt and water and it also has a very small alpha agonist effect (vasoconstricting effect). The list of Florinef’s known potential side effects is hair raising, but at the small doses prescribed Florinef is not unusually dangerous. Some patients have had bad reactions to Florinef, but that is true of all drugs. Florinef makes you expel potassium so you must take potassium supplements to keep in balance.

Midodrine is a useful drug for many patients and is probably the most effective alpha agonist currently available. Alpha agonists work by constricting blood vessels, thus reducing blood pooling in the lower part of the body. Sold in the United States as ProAmitine, Midodrine has the advantages of being long lasting and is most like the body’s own natural vasoconstricting hormones in effect. Midodrine is a large molecule that does not pass through the blood brain barrier, which is helpful for patients who are drug sensitive. Because you do not want your blood vessels constricted when you are supine, it is essential that alpha agonists should not be used before bedtime. Supine hypertension is not only uncomfortable, it is dangerous. Alpha agonists are usually only prescribed for those patients who are not seriously overweight, who have consistently low blood pressure, and whose main problem is vasodilation. Florinef is usually tried first and Midodrine introduced for those who do not respond sufficiently to expansion of blood volume.

Some patients have an abnormal supersensitivity to alpha agonists which can present serious problems during treatment. Supersensitivity to alpha agonists can be caused by impaired amine uptake in the nerve endings of alpha receptors (denervation supersensitivity). Abnormal sensitivity can also be produced by a prolonged lack of norepinephrine release from sympathetic nerve endings, which leads to enhanced receptor responsivity (decentralization supersensitivity). These conditions usually produce a two to five times increase in sensitivity level, but there is a small subset of patients who are hundreds of times more sensitive than normal. For these patients vasoconstricting alpha agonist drugs are dangerous to use because of their sheer potency. If your physician prescribes any alpha agonist drug, consult with him about taking a very small test dose first in order to gauge your sensitivity level.

Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor similar to Paxil, Zoloft, and Prozac, but with the claim of fewer side effects and less potential for negative drug interactions. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors have been used for many years to treat neurally mediated hypotension and syncope (passing out). The mechanism through which central serotonin levels effect blood pressure and heart rate has not been fully mapped out. The net effect of Celexa appears to be to increase nerve communication and stimulation of the standing vasoconstriction reflex. This limits venous blood pooling and increases orthostatic tolerance. Celexa and the other serotonin reuptake inhibitors are known to increase norepinephrine release to varying degrees.

Celexa has been used with some success in treating patients who have been unable to tolerate the other drugs used for treating POTS and NMH. Celexa is reported to have the potential for reducing the effects of central sleep apnea, which often accompanies the onset of POTS. Treatment is started at a very low dose level of 5 mg a day or less, and gradually increased over time. Taking a full dose immediately is reported to make patients even more ill while a gradual increase in dosage is often well tolerated. Please note - I have never taken Celexa and do not personally recommend any specific drug or other medical treatment. This page simply passes on general information which is received from dozens of doctors and hundreds of patients. For recommendations of treatment you must see a specialist. I myself do not take any drugs for my chronic orthostatic intolerance; just salt and short walks as exercise.

GOOD LUCK,JIM
Posted By: Lowe

Re: I need your prayers - 10/23/2008 1:57 PM

Gray Lowe here will be praying, Glad to hear that alot of the bad is ruled out. Still not knowing and what to do about hurts. Keep the faith for yourself and your daughter
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums