Handgunhunt

FYI on Ruger

Posted By: KRal

FYI on Ruger - 10/15/2008 8:12 PM

Well fellows, here's an example of "why to buy a Ruger product" other than, they build strong, dependable firearms.

Today, a guy I work with brought his MK III Hunter to work so, he could mail it to Ruger for some repairs. He bought the pistol last September. He wanted me to take a look at it and tell him what I thought was wrong so, he could tell Ruger, for warranty work. I was going to take it out and test fire it but, when I seen it, I new exactly what was wrong (missing: extractor, plundger, spring). Ruger had told him it would probably be six to eight weeks before they could get to it. So, I told him it would probably be cheaper on him if, he just ordered the parts and let me fix it, instead of paying S/H and insurance sending it to Ruger. So, he call Ruger to get prices and they said "No problem. We will send you the parts today at no charge." Now that's what I call "Customer Service".
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/15/2008 8:18 PM

I found the same thing with them, most of the time if it's a missing screw or something simple they are more than happy to send you the parts free of charge. I keep a alot of black hawk parts on hand so now i buy most of my stuff from brownells
Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/15/2008 8:19 PM

RIGHT ON!
Posted By: pab1

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/15/2008 8:24 PM

Can't beat that!
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/15/2008 9:41 PM

Awesome. It's always great to see good customer service. And good on you for taking care of your friend. You saved him a bunch of money in shipping costs alone.
Posted By: tred1956

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/16/2008 1:50 AM

Some times life is SWEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Safe shooting
Doug
Posted By: Gary

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/16/2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
I keep a alot of black hawk parts on hand so now i buy most of my stuff from brownells

Now you can buy those parts through this site at Brownells and support handgunhunt.com too.
\:\)

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/16/2008 11:42 AM

sounds like a plan, I spend alot of money with them each year on parts and gunsmith supplies.
Posted By: dorson

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/16/2008 10:30 PM

You know,
I am pretty sure brownells is just about 40 or 50 miles down the highway from me. Makes it that much better to do business with a local co.
I will go through the site for any further doings with them.
dorson
Posted By: Gary

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/17/2008 12:08 AM

Sounds good I appreciate it.

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/17/2008 12:43 AM

Gary, how exactly does this work for helping the site? I just checked by going through the site to Brownells and I still get my dealer pricing so I'll definitely do it to benefit the site but I was just curious.
Posted By: lhunter03

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/17/2008 1:13 AM

Thats awsome to get treated like a human being for once.

Lars
Posted By: ranger140892

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/23/2008 1:18 AM

I bought a MKIII two days ago. Put my spare 4x Leupold on it and like all Ruger handguns it shoots great.

I did find a few quirks though:
Just for giggles I wanted to see if the "loaded round indicator" could actually det a round if hit from the side. IT DID! Easy fix, it's a two piece part. I just removed the smaller piece that contacts the cartridge rim. Problem solved. Certainly a part that could have been left off.

Next I did a trigger job. Once I got it right I ran a safety/function check. Safety on, pull trigger, sear moved just a little. Switch safety to "fire", and BOOM. Another easy fix, just peened the contact area on the safety and refit. Non issue now.

Then I checked the magazine disconnect safety. Safety off, mag out, pulled trigger, sear moved a little. Insert mag..BOOM! One more easy fix. Dremel'd off the engagement slot on the mag disonnect. Now I can fire without a magazine, and no more accidental discharges. Magazine safeties are for goobers who shouldn't handle firearms.

Trigger is at 1 1/2 lb, crisp and safe. I've slammed the bolt a hundred times, pulled trigger on safe then switched to fire, plastic hammered rear, muzzle, grip with no hammer drop.

Now I gotta find the time to go squirrel hunting!
Posted By: rupe

Re: FYI on Ruger - 10/23/2008 5:34 PM

Great customer service although I did have trouble with one of thier guys over the phone once and I felt he left me hanging and didn't want to do anything about it. But that was only one guy out of how many that work there. I have always had good service from them and I always hear good things from others about them.

rupe
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums