Handgunhunt

Prayers needed

Posted By: Montanan

Prayers needed - 11/10/2008 4:58 PM

Well I just got the call that I have been waiting on. Back in January while working for a local Cable Company, I injured my left shoulder when a ladder I was extending up on a snow packed and icy alleyway. The rope that was wrapped around my right hand pulled me off my feet, and I somehow twisted and then landed smack on the corner of my left shoulder (A/C Joint)

I had been put on work restrictions and that was fine until the company got the perm restriction on any overhead work, climbing telephone poles and or ladders. They delt with this until May 21st and the NY Office then said to let me go.

Well I have been thru physical therapy with no improvement, cortisone injection with no improvement at all. Any and all mobility really adjistates my left shoulder to a point of ... well you get the picture.

Well we had been waiting for final approval from Workers Comp for surgery, and I just got the call that it was approved, and the information faxed to the Surgons office. My surgery is schedualed for Monday the 17th so we will see how this goes.

I'm right handed so I don't know how this is going to effect the rest of my hunting season thru Thanksgiving week-end.

Just need your prayers that this is a good surgery and they get the problem fixed so I can rework the left arm to hold my bow and bowhunt next year.
Posted By: Russell

Re: Prayers needed - 11/10/2008 5:29 PM

Will keep you in my prayers that all goes well.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Prayers needed - 11/10/2008 6:54 PM

I went through the shoulder surgery a little while back and just be sure not to push things to fast afterwards but if it's your bow hand and not your drawing arm you should be ok by next year. You'll be in our prayers.
Posted By: rupe

Re: Prayers needed - 11/10/2008 6:57 PM

Praying for you buddy! rupe
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: Prayers needed - 11/10/2008 8:14 PM

Prayers sent for you, your family, and all the docs involved. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Posted By: N.E.S.

Re: Prayers needed - 11/10/2008 8:45 PM

Prayers sent hope all goes well
My wife fell off her horse last november and messed up her a/c had the same surgery she was back riding in sept. this year
It is slow going just dont push it and you should be ready for bow season next year
she had to sleep in a recilner for a long time, could not sleep in the bed, get a big chair she said it works great
good lock
n.e.s.
Posted By: pab1

Re: Prayers needed - 11/10/2008 11:52 PM

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers Montanan.
Posted By: tred1956

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 12:33 AM

Prayers on the way. Hope everything goes well.

God bless
Doug
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 12:34 AM

Will Do. Keep us informed!
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 12:47 AM

Prayers coming your way!
Posted By: drwalker70

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 1:13 AM

Prayers sent, keep positive.
Posted By: lhunter03

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 3:28 AM

Prayers on ther way.

Lars
Posted By: El Che

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 10:29 AM

I am in spirit near to you Montanan. My own way, I will pray for you partner.
Posted By: Gary

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 1:52 PM

Prayers on the way - just don't try to shoot the big stuff too soon after the surgery. Maybe try shooting left handed with a support under the gun so the right arm doesn't try and absorb any of the recoil.
Posted By: Montanan

Re: Prayers needed - 11/11/2008 2:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary
Prayers on the way - just don't try to shoot the big stuff too soon after the surgery. Maybe try shooting left handed with a support under the gun so the right arm doesn't try and absorb any of the recoil.

Lucky for me Gary, it's my left shoulder they are operating on, and I am right handed. So I am hoping to be able to get out after about a week or at least go out during that last week around Thanksgiving and use my 629 sitting in my Doghouse blind.

I found a great way to support my 629 while sitting in the blind. I found that the Y yoke from my monopod will screw into the little bolt that my camera tripod has on top, and it makes the rest nice and sturdy.

Posted By: Rick

Re: Prayers needed - 11/12/2008 12:56 AM

Prayers on the way. Stay positive and don't push the recovery.
Rick
Posted By: SS 308

Re: Prayers needed - 11/12/2008 3:25 PM

You have a prayer already online. As everyone has already stated, don't rush the rehab and you should be fine.
Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Re: Prayers needed - 11/12/2008 6:26 PM

You got it man. Sent one up for ya. God's speed on the recovery..
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums