Handgunhunt

Thanks to all who helped!

Posted By: cottonstalk

Thanks to all who helped! - 11/12/2008 5:50 PM

Thanks guys I got my first deer as a handgun hunter.I had shot one back in 2000 but I had a rifle with me also that time.Yesterday I moved a stand and as I went to do a quick check before puting it up my fiance and I walked up on a doe.Well I was excited.I grabbed the Ruger and decided to let that one walk,truth is she made me let it walk!Well later in the afternoon I got set up and sure enough right before dark does filtered into the pine stand and within my effective range.I picked out the biggest and made a perfect neck shot.The handloaded 44 caliber 250gr nosler partition did it's job.My fist deer as a handgun hunter,with my personal hand loads(just started this year),I couldn't be more pumped up!Thanks again guys

P.S.I would love to give my redhawk a trigger job,any advice?Seems like I heard on hear something abot changing the spring.
Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/12/2008 6:03 PM

Nice job. Any Pic's?
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/12/2008 6:16 PM

CONGRATS!! Your first deer is the nost memorable!!

I second the pictures, lets see'em.
Posted By: Jeremy

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/12/2008 7:21 PM

Go ahead cottonstalk! Sounds like a picture perfect shot!
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/12/2008 8:58 PM

congratulations on your first deer with a handgun and handload, it does give you more of a sense of accomplishment with your own homegrown ammo. You can get a spring kit from wolf which will help the trigger pull alot or most gunsmiths don't charge much to install the springs and hone the action which will make it even smoother.
Posted By: rupe

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/12/2008 11:35 PM

Congrates on your first of many more to come.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/12/2008 11:53 PM

The first one is always the best! The others seem to find a place somewhere in a scrap book.

http://www.handgunhunt.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1043&ppuser=2724
Posted By: KRal

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/13/2008 12:05 AM

congrats on your first deer with a handgun...you are now a handgun hunter...KRal
Posted By: pab1

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/13/2008 12:58 AM

Way to go Cottonstalk!
Posted By: liv2hnt460

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/13/2008 1:01 AM

I highly reccomend buying the "shooters pak" from Wolff Springs for that model revolver. They are very cheap and the results are really amazing. All of my revolvers and some of my rifles have Wolff aftermarket reduced power springs installed.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/13/2008 1:38 AM

I have nothing against other types of hunting but I have to say that you are now part of a unique group of hunters since you handgunned your first deer. That you used your handload only adds to the thrill of what you accomplished.My sincere congratulations, James
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: Thanks to all who helped! - 11/14/2008 11:10 PM

Congratulations. There's nothing like the first one.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums