Handgunhunt

375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: hunlee

375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 10/30/2009 2:28 AM

Hunlee has ben getting ready for deer season so range time with both 375 windchester and 45-70 Contender!!!!!!!!!Both are shooting grate for hunlee butt the 45-70 has more kick!!!!!!!!!Maybee hunlee should just shoot the 375 windchester over the 45-70 because the kick is more with the 45-70!!!!!!!!Hunlee is not wanting a hurt wrist but the deer will fall as good with both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee
Posted By: pab1

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 10/30/2009 2:46 AM

I'm glad to hear that your .45-70 is shooting well for you now!

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/04/2009 1:46 AM

Yes it a shooter for Hunlee now!!!!!!!!TC make hunlee a new barrel and it sure better than the other that Hunlee return to thems!!!!!!!!!!!Hunlee is sorry not to return sooner but hunlee has ben hunting with bow an arrow and work aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee
Posted By: RickyP

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/04/2009 2:32 AM

"the kick is more with the 45-70!!!!!!!!Hunlee is not wanting a hurt wrist"

Maybe hunlee shold try hunting with a crossbow then

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/05/2009 1:04 AM

No crossbow for Hunlee!!!!!!!!!Crossbows are for handi capped people only!!!!!!!All others useing them are unskilled shortcut takers and underacheavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shooting crossbows is not archery and hunting with them is not bowhunting!!!!!!!!!

hunlee
Posted By: MIHunter

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/05/2009 2:12 AM

Hunlee you ready for Nov 15th? Whatcha going to use on opening day?

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/06/2009 10:44 PM

Hunlee use 375 windchester first day then maybe hunlee will be sporting the 45-70 after open day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/09/2009 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: hunlee
No crossbow for Hunlee!!!!!!!!!Crossbows are for handi capped people only!!!!!!!All others useing them are unskilled shortcut takers and underacheavers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shooting crossbows is not archery and hunting with them is not bowhunting!!!!!!!!!

hunlee

If hunlee thinks this he is showing how uneducated he really is. If you talk to hard core rifles hunters they will say that hunting with a handgun is a stunt and should not be allowed. no handgun can shoot as well as a rifle.

What does hunlee think is handy caped? just how handy caped does one have to be in order to get hunlees approval to hunt with a crossbow?
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/10/2009 1:27 AM

It use to be you had to be fiscally unable to pull back a bow. Whether it was because of a lib or spin/back issue. I think that Texas is allowing cross bows this year for all shooters... trying to encourage bow hunting in general. I know that in the public hunting land (in Texas) that the main reason for the use of archery was the limited range of the equipment. With that spirit in mind, I am using archery equipment to hunt on my Navy base this year. I have 750 acres I can hunt but it is all archery only. It is less of a liability not having to worry about a stray bullets with both the air strip and the gov housing.

Re: 375 windchester and 45-70 of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!! - 11/10/2009 6:26 PM

Mil. bases are some of the most over looked places to hunt. a lot of them allow limited hunting on them and offer a great oppertunity to harvest a nice deer.

As more and more people learn that a crossbow is not a gun that shoots an arrow but is in fact just a different style of bow. you will see more and more places being opened to crossbow hunting.

This same debate has been played out over and over.just like the traditional bow hunters complained when compound bows came on the market. We see it with handguns. a lot of rifle hunters think that the use of a handgun is just a stand and a waste of time. I use a 15" 209x50 encore barrel and I have taken more deer then I can remember with it, My friend I hunt with uses a slug gun and muzzle loading rifle and has seen most of the deer I have taken and still thinks I am under gunned when I am hunting compared to him.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums