Handgunhunt

Quiethide holsters

Posted By: siyakadog

Quiethide holsters - 05/29/2010 6:08 AM

Just wondering about these holsters, the guy who makes them lives about an hour away from me. They look okay, what do you guys use for a holster for a 15" Encore with scope?
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/29/2010 6:57 AM

Modified pistol case by adding longer strap for carrying over shoulder, and shell loops. Completely protects gun from weather and while stalking, espec. if crawling.
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/29/2010 10:24 AM

I have used Gregg's idea of a shoulder strap sewn to a cordura pistol case (I've had several made in several sizes) for about 17 years. They work very well in protecting the handgun, yet are worn outside the coat when one is worn, and are thus about as fast as anything.
On the other hand, my friend the well known handgunner Dr. Larry Rogers has several Quiet Hide holsters, has used them on rough hunts and has been very complimentary of them.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/29/2010 1:30 PM

Quiethide gets real good reviews, but I use the Bandito Belt:

http://www.pistolpackaging.com/

Posted By: SChunter

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/29/2010 7:51 PM

On my Encores, I use Dave's Quiethide Holsters... Great product and great guy to work with!

I also have several of the Pistol Packaging Bandito models for my larger scoped revolvers - nothing but praise there either.
Posted By: SS 308

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/30/2010 4:02 AM

I had him make me a pack holster for backpacking/hunting and it's first rate! He will custom fit it just for your needs and is very customer oriented.

Comes highly recommended from me...
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/30/2010 4:45 AM

Dave does good work!
Posted By: lamina1982

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/30/2010 4:40 PM

I had one for my tracker 44 mag and it was awesome. Great craftsmanship and worked well
Posted By: siyakadog

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/30/2010 9:40 PM

Sweet-thanks everyone!
Posted By: AmmoHouse

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/30/2010 10:45 PM

Yep, Dave is a great guy and will make it anyway you want it.
Give him a call and talk it over.
Guess I need to call him and order one also, been needing something new lately.
\:\)
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Quiethide holsters - 05/31/2010 12:12 AM

I was talking with Dave in SP chat this morning. He is upgrading the camo material line very soon. So keep an eye on his web-site for it.

He was cutting out a pattern while we chatted....LOL Dave is a hard worker.
Posted By: Lone Eagle

Re: Quiethide holsters - 06/08/2010 2:31 PM

I have not been on here in a long time. I just stopped in and was reading some of the posts and came across this one.

I have no connection to Dave at Quiethide, I just wanted to say that Dave is one of us. A handgun hunter and shooter.

He saw that handgun hunters were being forced to settle for what non-handgun hunters thought would work.

Dave goes to great lengths to provide what you want, a holster that will work for your needs.

So if you are looking for a holster for handgun hunting consider Dave at Quiethide, he is one of us!

Thanks,

Jeff
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums