Handgunhunt

Keystone Crickett Pistols??

Posted By: Critter Gitter

Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/30/2010 6:24 PM

Is anyone using a Crickett pistol?
I've looked at them a few times, but still haven't picked one up.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/30/2010 11:35 PM

I know a few guys who have the "Chipmunk" pistol, but I hadn't heard of a "Crickett" model.

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 12:28 AM

Here's a link:
http://www.crickett.com/crickett_hunterpistol.php
I guess it's actually called the Hunter Pistol.
It looks like it could be fun.

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 12:45 AM

Here's the Chipmunk

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=114629

Looks pretty similar, to me.

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 1:17 AM

I agree, very similar. I checked out the Chipmunk website and found that both Chipmunk and Crickett are owned by the same company Keystone. The complete story, for those interested, is on their site. No dought the pistols are identical.
The grip shape is somewhat small for my hands, otherwise I like the idea, the price isn't too bad.
Posted By: Al in OK

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 3:18 AM

I bought the little pink rifle for my daughter. With the 22lr it doesn't shoot very impressive at all, but it does shoot shorts much more accurately. I didn't even know they were doing pistols and adult models.

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 12:45 PM

Those that have the Chipmunk have said that the trigger leaves a lot to be desired. But what can one expect from a <$200 gun.
Posted By: Al in OK

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 1:49 PM

Yeah, they are made very cheaply. At least this one is. I hope they get much better as the company grows. My daughter has had this one a few years now, and the quality may be better. -Al
Posted By: Jeremy

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 4:23 PM

I would just go for the Ruger Charger! They aren't that much more for a dependable gun.JMO
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Keystone Crickett Pistols?? - 07/31/2010 5:28 PM

The guys at SP did a group buy of the Chipmunk with a match chamber. I shot two of them at Emmett's place this last spring. The SP guns are accurate, I would assume from the chamber. The triggers are a bit lacking, and the trigger guard is a little small. Emmett did trigger jobs on about half the guns as the guys that wanted it and they came out nice. Some of the guys have commented on thier guns and most like them especially for the $200.00 price tag. Bottom line it's a $200.00 gun that has potential if you like to tinker a little. I do know that the company was working on a bigger trigger gaurd as an option or standard item for the future from the SP buy.

I bought a Cricket rifle for my kids about 5-6 years ago. It fits them well and shoots decent but the bolt has to be cocked from the back and they could not pull the nob at all, way to heavy spring. I even had trouble after the 100th time as I helped them shoot it. The other thing was it had a lock that comes up under the bottom of the action inbetween the bolt and barrel for an extra safty. Just don't forget the key at home and then have the kids push the safty button up and ask "hey Dad what's this".......
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums