Handgunhunt

Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar

Posted By: hmebuildr

Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/17/2010 8:53 PM

Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn, "Mr. Whitetail"

Saturday, September 11, 2010
Septemberfest Seminar: Kittery Trading Post is pleased to welcome Larry Weishuhn, "Mr. Whitetail", for a seminar on Handgun Hunting

Saturday, September 11: 2-3pm
Sunday, September 12: 11am-12

Larry Weishuhn, aka "Mr. Whitetail", was inducted in to the National Legends of the Outdoors Hall of Fame in 2007 and selected to become a Professional Member of the Boone & Crockett Club.

He has authored numerous articles and served as staff writer for such publications as Deer & Deer Hunting, North American Hunter, Shooting Times, Handgunning, Sports Afield, Petersen's Hunting, Sporting Classics and numerous others.

Books to his credit include: "Pear Flat Philosophies" as well as "Trailing the Hunter's Moon", which in 2003 was proclaimed by ForeWord Magazine as the Best or Gold Book in the category of Adventure and Recreation, winning over hundreds of books worldwide.

Over the years, Mr. Weishuhn has been an in demand public speaker, long serving as a featured speaker for the NRA and their Great American Hunter's Tour.

Also involved in outdoor video production, Mr. Weishunn's video titled "Whitetails, Judging Trophies", co-produced with Jerry Smith and John Wootters, has become a true classic. Larry was also involved with the Realtree video and television shows, the Bass Pro television shows, prior to having his own show "Hunting the World", which turned into "T/C Game Trails". These days he spends a considerable amount of time doing outdoor television shows.

Date: September 11, 2010
Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/17/2010 10:01 PM

That is cool homebuilder! I would have never known if you hadn't posted it! Man I wish I could be their... ... ...

http://www.ktpevents.com/interior.php/pid/6/eid/465

PS, I had the opportunity to meet him once at the Bass Pro Shop in Grape Vine Mills.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/18/2010 12:47 AM

I came very close to having Mr. Larry come on the HHI Antelope Hunt a few years ago, but betwixt schedules and logistics it didn't quite work out...ours the loss...

Many do not know that he is part owner in a big Sporting Goods Store in Texas and he kindly has some of my Handgun Hunting Videos for sale there.

http://www.hunterseyevideo.com
Posted By: Mikewin

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/18/2010 10:28 AM

Cool! Too bad about the dates though - I will probably be at the KTP in early October, two weeks too late...it's a nice store anyway.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/18/2010 1:42 PM

Where is this place located???? Never heard of the facility before.
Posted By: hmebuildr

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/18/2010 8:05 PM

KTP stands for Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine
Posted By: cfish2

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/19/2010 1:54 AM

Makes sense!!! Duhh. Ever have one of those brain fart moments?? Seems to be happening more then usual.
Posted By: Chaos

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/24/2010 7:20 AM

Larry Weishuhn.

I had taken my sons to the Dallas Safari Club shin dig a couple of years back. The youngest boy ( about 8 at the time) pointed him out behind a bunch of tables in a crowd of folks. Larry saw him, dropped what he was doing and came over to discuss hunting with my son. Very, Very nice guy. Took time out of his busy day to spend a good 20 minutes speaking with the boy.

Other "celebrity" types wouldn't even bat an eye.
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/26/2010 8:30 PM

Larry is the first person I saw hunt with a handgun. Of all the "pros" out there I'd rather hunt with him than any of them. As Chaos said, a true hero.
Posted By: TJCMO

Re: Handgun Hunting with Larry Weishuhn seminar - 08/27/2010 3:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Chaos
Larry Weishuhn.

I had taken my sons to the Dallas Safari Club shin dig a couple of years back. The youngest boy ( about 8 at the time) pointed him out behind a bunch of tables in a crowd of folks. Larry saw him, dropped what he was doing and came over to discuss hunting with my son. Very, Very nice guy. Took time out of his busy day to spend a good 20 minutes speaking with the boy.

Other "celebrity" types wouldn't even bat an eye.

Very Cool. Larry is definately a class act.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums