Handgunhunt

anybody try NcStar pistol scopes

Posted By: 14cm

anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/01/2010 10:59 PM

have any of you tried these pistol scopes. they are cheap, but so were the tasco pro class 30 mm and i could not blow that off my 45-70 contender
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/01/2010 11:06 PM

Had their 2-7x variable on a Contender in 22 Hornet & it worked well. Reasonably clear & a great bang for the buck. Don't know on something stouter though...
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/01/2010 11:17 PM

I think Mr. Vance is 100% on target!

Personally, I would go with the 2.5-8 Weaver...
Posted By: 14cm

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/01/2010 11:29 PM

I can get a 2.5x for $35 clams. it would be worth trying just to see how long it would last
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/02/2010 12:12 AM

Had a 2.5 on a 22/45 ruger --it did well--but you get what you pay for--in the long run
Posted By: huntkng

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/02/2010 12:16 AM

I bought one, just because. I mean it was sooooo cheap. I put the 2x7 on a Ruger Mk II about 3-4 four years ago....and it has been there every since. I would not trust it on anything larger the a .22 but for a rabbit shootin' or IHMSA prone where I mostly shoot in full light (I don't think it gathers much light)it works just great. I don't use the power adjustment much and I don't know how it would work out for hundreds of movements but I have to admit that I have gotten more use then I ever expected out of it.

Bill in OR
Posted By: tradrick

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/02/2010 12:31 AM

It seems someone had told me that NCStar had bought out Tasco and now they were one in the same. Can anyone confirm this?
Posted By: jwarren

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/02/2010 12:32 AM

I have never had one, but I have thought about trying one. I just went over to amazon. com and checked their reviews and it seems they might be a great value for the money.

http://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR%C2%AE-7x32-...howViewpoints=1
Posted By: KYODE

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/02/2010 2:11 AM

i had a 2.5x on a 22/45 ruger mkII also. it worked well. i would only use one on a rimfire, unless i was just playing around to see what it was made of for funsies.

i had a 2x7 for a VERY short time on my 30-30AI. the adjustment range was too small to even get it sighted in. a 2x7 burris has been on it ever since.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/04/2010 2:11 PM

This scope comes up every so often here for the last 3 or so years. Over time from what I have read it's a 50-50 deal. The heavy kickers usually tear them up. A "few" guys had had them hold together for 3-400 rounds on a big gun. And yes they have a forever warrenty to replace them. Most that use them on 22's are satisfied.

Here's my question. Do you really want to trust a cheap scope that has a track record to break on anything more than a 22 for fun shooting? Save the extra coin and get a good scope you only have to mount once and not wonder if that last shot ruined the scope and the next shot on a great animal is going to be true.
Posted By: jwarren

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/04/2010 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Tigger
This scope comes up every so often here for the last 3 or so years. Over time from what I have read it's a 50-50 deal. The heavy kickers usually tear them up. A "few" guys had had them hold together for 3-400 rounds on a big gun. And yes they have a forever warrenty to replace them. Most that use them on 22's are satisfied.

Here's my question. Do you really want to trust a cheap scope that has a track record to break on anything more than a 22 for fun shooting? Save the extra coin and get a good scope you only have to mount once and not wonder if that last shot ruined the scope and the next shot on a great animal is going to be true.

In my thinking of trying one, I never intended to hunt with it. I have several bigbore revolvers that I never hunt with but like to shoot.

This is really the only feedback that I have read about them and if they are only good for 500 or so rounds.....I have no use for one.
Posted By: myv6mustang

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/05/2010 6:17 PM

I have one that has been through about 30 rounds on my 50 AE deser Eagle. Only issues i have had were the mounting rings...damn screws striped from the recoil. Also muzzle blast started to bake teh lower portion of the scope. I have since went to a leupold MA on the eagle, and the scope will be sitting on my S&W A22. Still works though. Paid 75 bucks for it. Tell you this it held up better than teh BSA red dot sight i bought for about 20 bucks more than i paid for it.
Posted By: junebug

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/05/2010 11:15 PM

I have one on a .221 Firewball Remington xp for about 3 or 4 years now with no trouble so far . Eye relief is a bit short on the higher powers, but its held its zero .
Posted By: dc74

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/06/2010 12:55 AM

not for a kicker killed one on 454 SRH. and a BSA /simmons /tasco/ 454 or 500s&w took them out kwik .go ultra dot leupold.nikon.buris.have not tryed bushnell yet srcared i will kill it. lol
Posted By: AmmoHouse

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/06/2010 3:23 AM

I've had one on my 256 Win Mag and it works great.
Like others have said, not sure about a big kicker.
Posted By: chiefs50

Re: anybody try NcStar pistol scopes - 11/07/2010 11:06 PM

I have a 2-7X on my Contender Super 14 .30-30. I've hunted with it for a couple years and have no complaints.

Mike
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums