Handgunhunt

Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr.

Posted By: JD HHI 6092

Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 8:39 PM

I decided to head to a gun show today just to get out of the house. While browsing the isles I noticed a table full of Freedom Arms revolvers.

There was an gentleman sitting behind the table. I read his name on the tage, Wayne Baker. I stood there and chatted with him for a while. I was able to handle many diffent handguns including the new single shot. I also picked picked up a copy of his book Above the Clouds.

Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 9:06 PM

Very, VERY, cool...

Chatting with a man like that a gent could learn a thing or two... LOL

Did you get to pick out a FA?

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 9:18 PM

I picked 2 out, a 4" and 7.5 premier grade. But the wife said no.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 9:38 PM

I have never met Wayne, but would sure enjoy it.
Good for you.
To bad on the, "No!"
Posted By: dc74

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 9:50 PM

thats sounds like one cool time JDHHI.

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 10:25 PM

I know what you are talking about. I have been looking at a FA for a while now and the Mrs. always just gave me that look... This week I finely got the SRH. Definitely not the FA, but I am not complaining. LOL
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 10:50 PM

Good for you....
Posted By: Gary

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/28/2010 11:44 PM

Wayne is superbly entertaining to speak with and I would say tough as nails to boot. They don't make em like that much anymore.
Posted By: tradmark

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/29/2010 5:41 AM

too bad about the NO. i've had several big bores and 3 freedoms. have only 2 freedoms, a bfr, and a super redhawk, an alaskan, and 2 model 29's. i've found it easier to ask forgiveness than permission and now i have so many she doesn't even notice when there's a new one. yeah. anyway, she's a gun nut and if i buy her a gun too then she doesn't give me hell on getting mine. congrats on that ruger though.
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/29/2010 12:32 PM

Wayne is indeed a fine man. I'm glad you had a chance to meet and talk with him.
Posted By: jwarren

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/29/2010 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: tradmark
i've found it easier to ask forgiveness than permission

Bingo....we have a winner!

sorry about the NO anyway.

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/30/2010 1:02 AM

I know where she's coming from. Since I've been back from Iraq I've been blowing cash; new FNP-45 Tactical, HK P2000sk, Glock 26, and a new tactical shotgun.
I've been looking to upgrade to the Hornady lock and load AP.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 11/30/2010 5:23 AM

Outstanding.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/06/2010 2:46 AM

well maybe she would be willing to let you have one of the guns next year.My wife just gave up on me,she said yeah right one more gun,I know better than that and that was 25 years ago-L.O.L.
Posted By: dc74

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/07/2010 1:41 AM

you start off with I LOVE YOU then you say if i had this gun man i could really nail the game . then you say aaaaaaaa merry christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/07/2010 3:22 AM

Originally Posted By: dc74
you start off with I LOVE YOU then you say if i had this gun man i could really nail the game . then you say aaaaaaaa merry christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been married for 22 years next month. The I love you line doesn't work anymore.
\:\)

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/07/2010 3:29 AM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I have only been married 8 and that doesn't work! LOL

I told my wife today that in 2012 someone was going to come out with a 100 commemorative edition of the 375 H&H and I wanted one. She just gave me one of those looks and I had to ask if this was enough warning.
Posted By: wildcatter

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/08/2010 1:29 PM

I been married 37 years and it don't matter anymore, she knows what she used to threaten me with don't work no more! I'd rather have a new toy than that thing
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/08/2010 2:35 PM

It's definitely better to ask for forgiveness than permission.....
Posted By: sixshot

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/08/2010 4:57 PM

Wayne Baker is one of the most interesting men on the planet, if you don't have his book you need to pick up a copy. He's in his 80's & still building bridges all over the west.
My wife & I sat with Wayne & Marion at the Shootist Holiday 2 years ago at Raton, it was a great evening.

Dick
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Freedom Arms' Wayne Baker Sr. - 12/09/2010 10:16 PM

X2 on the book by WB.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums