Handgunhunt

Michigan Handgun Hunters

Posted By: The Lead Farm

Michigan Handgun Hunters - 10/27/2012 1:17 AM

South West MI. Looking forward to opening morning have new 14'' PC 460 that wants to hunt.
Posted By: MIHunter

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 10/31/2012 12:25 AM

Im ready for November 15th. Not sure what I will take out for opening day yet. Might take the Ruger .480. It would be cool to take a bear and deer the same year with the same gun.
Posted By: Gunz

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 11/10/2012 2:02 AM

South western Sanilac County here. Turned 44 years old this fall, so I think the Contender with a super 14 in 44 mag will be going to the woods with me on the 15th.

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 11/12/2012 10:17 PM

Nice to see there is a couple handgun hunters in Michigan. I hope you fill your tags and have a safe season, if your ever around Kalamazoo stop in at the shop and do a little B S ing.
Bullets & Barrels Richland MI

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 11/20/2012 1:47 AM

How's the season going for my fellow Michigan hunter?
Posted By: Gunz

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 11/21/2012 3:11 AM

One shot, one miss
\:\(
Was caught a lil off guard, he came in quick chasing a hot doe. Took a kneeling shot off the shooting sticks at about 50 yards and missed.

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 11/22/2012 2:18 AM

Only been able to get out opening day, just came off call to day now im on vaction untill December 3rd so i can get some hunting in, was going tonight but had to put in a new oven for my wife, My oldest boy (19) decided he would like to try hunting, this was the day before opening day so i got him dialed in. Been helping a young man learn how to hunt he shot a nice 8 point a couple nights ago made me very happy to see a kid get his first deer.
Posted By: Brian375hh

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 02/05/2013 9:58 PM

I had gotten out of handgun hunting when I sold my Anaconda .44 mag a few years back. Huge mistake. Just picked up a brand new Ruger SBH Hunter in .45 colt. Threw a hogue rubber grip on it and a Nikon 2x scope. I purchased a couple of boxes of Doubletap 300 gr bonded hunters to run through it as soon as I can get a decent range day that isnt bitter cold or butt deep in snow.

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 02/08/2013 2:29 PM

Welcome to the site 375hh1973. Where abouts in Michigan do you hunt?
Posted By: cougariii

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 03/01/2013 3:08 PM

Metro detroit area here. I don't hunt in Michigan but I hunt in Indiana where I used to live due to having a lifetime Indiana license. Really looking forward to using my Contender again this year though. It has been a long time since I have used it.
Posted By: Brian375hh

Re: Michigan Handgun Hunters - 05/08/2013 3:01 AM

I hunt in Lake county as well as Livingston county.

Seems like the deer numbers in Lake County are dwindling. Lots of mature woods and no food.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums