Handgunhunt

Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost

Posted By: freedom475

Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 3:59 AM

Just got a new camera for filming a few hunts and I am very pleased with it so far. It is a Panasonic V520. Its' zoom is Awsome!

I had a good chance at a MT antelope tonight...but messed it up..and got it all on film LOL. I was able to get myself and my son right in among them and it was so much fun just lying there watching them.

I was using my 475L FA 83 with a 280gr CEB Raptor and 2x Leupold.

In slow motion you can actually see the bullet pass in front of his shoulder and clip the hair from the dorsal crest on his neck. In the vid he appears a little different, but he was slightly quartering away and my camera was to my left a little.

He was at 80yds and that is right at the peek of my ballistic arc. In this open country I am zeroed around 150-160yrds..but this buck just wondered right up close so I shifted focus...In hindsight I should have just stayed with my original bedded buck at 155yds that you can see bedded in the beginning of the vid.

http://youtu.be/E-1ODc66-Hk

Posted By: Gary

Re: Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 4:18 AM

Almost! Good video! Look forward to the next one
Posted By: freedom475

Re: Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 4:27 AM

Thanks Gary!... At about 1:43 into the vid, if you click the little sprocket icon and slow the video down to 0.25 you can actually see the bullet clip the hair from his neck crest..LOL
Posted By: SEAK

Re: Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 5:30 AM

Almost a trick shot without the cigar.
Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Re: Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 2:33 PM

Bummer on the shot. But yes, the zoom is pretty sharp. That is a lot of stuff going on at once.

Craig
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 5:14 PM

Dang! Nice video - super clear.

Best of luck to you on the next one!
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 7:06 PM

Nice video! That camera's got an awesome zoom capability. Sorry about the miss, but that's hunting. Better luck next time.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Pronghorn with New Camera...Almost - 10/28/2014 8:56 PM

Great video!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums