Handgunhunt

Video Setup

Posted By: Gary

Video Setup - 11/02/2014 6:52 PM

Here is my video setup. A top quality tripod and fluid head are very important for trying to video your own hunts. I tried a lighter weight setup but the quality was lacking. My tripod & head are pro quality as is the Sennheiser microphone.

Canon XA-20 Camera (20x zoom)
Sennheiser lavolier wireless mics
Gitzo Carbon Fiber tripod with a leveling base.
Manfrotto fluid head 502AH

If you have a favorite setup lets see it.
Posted By: freedom475

Re: Video Setup - 11/04/2014 1:34 PM

Wow! That is very nice set-up.

My budget is not quite there yet. But I see from your videos that I could really improve my videos, just by adding a much better tri-pod to my cheap little Panasonic.
Posted By: Gary

Re: Video Setup - 11/04/2014 1:45 PM

There is a old joke that goes, do you know the difference between an amateur and a professional photographer? A tripod!
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Video Setup - 11/04/2014 11:33 PM

Awesome set up! That camera's nice.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Video Setup - 11/07/2014 6:07 PM

Here's my video set up. Well, a couple of them at least:

Setup #1: Sony Handycam DCR-SX85 Camera and a basic tripod I got from Wal-Mart, with a bit of camouflage duct tape to cover some of the more reflective areas.

This is what I use most often when hunting solo. The tripod is very steady, and it leaves my hands free when I need to make a shot. This camera has an impressive 70x zoom capability, which means I can capture decent video of game at ranges in excess of 300 yards.

Setup #2: Sony Handycam DCR-SX85 and a monopod.

If I'm going to be accompanying someone hunting and focus solely on filming, I use the Handycam and monopod. It's not quite as stable as the tripod, but it's much lighter and much less bulky, making it a better choice for crowded tree stands or ground blinds.

Setup #3: Midland XTC-100 action camera with a bicycle handlebar mount.

This is my action camera, which I place on long guns, my crossbow, and my compound bow. While not nearly as good as a Go-Pro, it still serves its purpose. None of the mounts are particularly suited for these types of setups, but I make them work. It takes a few seconds for the camera to start recording once turned on, but I've captured some neat duck hunting and clay shooting footage with it on my shotgun.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Video Setup - 12/14/2014 1:47 AM

Neat set-ups, TN. Gary...that is some quality gear!
Posted By: Duke3026

Re: Video Setup - 12/26/2014 3:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary
There is a old joke that goes, do you know the difference between an amateur and a professional photographer? A tripod!

Them Gitzo's sting! Wish I could say,it cost only once. I still have two older ones sitting. Nice gear!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums