Handgunhunt

More recently completed guns

Posted By: wapitirod

More recently completed guns - 04/28/2011 4:58 AM

this is a competitor barrel in 357 mag Dan B. wanted rechambered to 357 Max and re blued. The first pic is before.

After

This next gun is a Single Six 17 HMR Gregg Richter wanted the barrel shortened on and fitted with a 17 HM2 cylinder. I also re blued the gun and polished the ejector and housing as well as the grip frame.I also jeweled the hammer and trigger.

This next gun you've seen before it is my Encore with a 30-06 barrel rechambered to 300 Win with a brake added. Before I didn't have time before the season to hot blue so I just cold blue and I didn't bevel the edge of the brake. I also have a pic of the bullet from the elk I shot with it. Some of you may remember I thought I had hit it in the read leg at about 250 and had to drop it with my wifes gun all due to a comedy of errors. About a month or two ago I looked at the one bullet we recovered which had passed about an inch above the spine and I realized it wasn't from my wifes gun but from mine. The 180gr accubond penetrated over a foot of solid muscle and retained 160gr. This also explained why he never ran as I'm sure the bullet bruised the spine looking at the damage when I was cutting out the back strap.

This last one is also one of mine you've seen before but I refinished it and changed scopes. This is my 454 with the oak grips I made but I'm thinking they are looking pretty worn so I'll either refinish them or put something different on.

Posted By: Ernie

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/28/2011 5:23 AM

Very nice Rod!
Posted By: KYODE

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/28/2011 12:06 PM

yes it is. i look for your business to take off. if i was rich...n had a revolver i needed to customize....i'd sure holler at ya.

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/28/2011 1:58 PM

Thank you much that means alot. This has been an uphill battle to this point and I'm still climbing but I'm feeling better about making it to the top.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/28/2011 2:33 PM

Very nice work, Rod. I am sure looking forward to getting mine!

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/28/2011 10:56 PM

Your gun will be on it's way shortly Gregg. You should have it by the first of the week.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/29/2011 12:08 AM

Rod, the Competitor barrel looks nice! You may be doing some work for me on my barrels in the future.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/29/2011 12:40 AM

The oak grips are interesting....
Posted By: cfish2

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/29/2011 12:47 AM

Nice work Rod. I may be sending work your way!!!
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/29/2011 9:54 AM

Looking forward to getting mine also!! More so Competitor barrel than the BH for some reason. I love the Maximum...and from that 16" barrel it should punch out some pretty serious performance!!
Posted By: temmi

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/29/2011 6:10 PM

Very nice indeed
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: More recently completed guns - 04/30/2011 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan B.
I love the Maximum...and from that 16" barrel it should punch out some pretty serious performance!!

I JUST got my MGM SS 15 3/4in 357 Max Contender barrel in yesterday. Ya... I am pumped!!
Posted By: KRal

Re: More recently completed guns - 05/01/2011 12:02 AM

Very nice looking work, Rod. I may have to start shopping for a donor......
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: More recently completed guns - 05/01/2011 3:51 PM

very nice work Rod!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums