Handgunhunt

,Holstering a Ruger Charger?

Posted By: Tym

,Holstering a Ruger Charger? - 05/17/2011 1:33 PM

Hey all,
I'm new here, glad to find a sight like this as I've been an avid handgun hunter for 20 years. I've hunted with everything from a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag, Desert Eagle .44mag, Ruger Mark II and various barreled contenders. I've now got my eye on a Ruger Charger, however one of my favorite parts of pistol hunting is portability. I love being able to holster my gun and have both hands free. Doesn't look like there's an option for the Charger and I'd like to know if anyone here has modified or made a holster to carry it. I know Kydex is easy to work with and readily available, but it's mostly used for CCW holsters and I'm not sure how well that would work with a large gun like the Charger.

My Charger may wear a rifle scope as opposed to a pistol scope which makes it even larger, and harder to holster. Any thoughts?

Tym
Posted By: tracker77

Re: ,Holstering a Ruger Charger? - 05/17/2011 2:41 PM

In terms of long handguns a sling is usually a better option. With the right sling you can carry them hands free. Another option is to talk to someone that works leather. Shoe repair or saddle shop and see if they would make you something like what you want. This is usually not a cheap option but it will get you what you want. I dont know of a factory produced holster that would fit it.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: ,Holstering a Ruger Charger? - 05/17/2011 2:45 PM

Ringler leather does custom holsters. Also Bandito also does semi custom holsters. I would give both a call.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: ,Holstering a Ruger Charger? - 05/17/2011 3:01 PM

dave at quiethide can make most anything.

http://qh-holsters.com/
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: ,Holstering a Ruger Charger? - 05/17/2011 4:33 PM

I use a single point sling setup on my Striker and XP, with the stud installed right above the shooting hand. It also makes for a steadier shot when adjusted correctly.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: ,Holstering a Ruger Charger? - 05/17/2011 6:31 PM

.........yes.....n me too.....as far as packing large handguns(contender/encore), i like slings.
Posted By: wyote

Re: ,Holstering a Ruger Charger? - 05/17/2011 9:46 PM

A lot of the time I carry my bigger SS and bolt guns in an Eberlestock pack. It's got a scabbard buildt into the pack. For handguns I just fold the tail of the scabbard up into the pack
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums