Handgunhunt

Hats off to the handgun gurus................

Posted By: asquires2

Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 1:02 AM

My hats off to the long range target and pistol hunters on this forum. Granted Ive learned alot from you guys but I say it takes a special breed to become efficient handgunners. Like I said I learned alot from you guys and I also learned alot from my mishaps.

Once again my hats off to you guys, keep up the good work and thx for helping the newbies(me)!
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 3:55 AM

One of the best things you can do is to find a way to get with someone who can mentor you in the LR handgun discipline you are interested in.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 4:29 AM

I'm no guru and have never considered myself expert at anything, only a constantly learning student,(for almost 40 yrs.)If any small tidbit of information I can provide helps you or someone else, or keeps you from making some of the mistakes I have made, good.
Just remember what works or feels good to me may not work the same for you. Experiment with different things, keep what works for you. I love this sport called Handgunning. It is the ultimate(individual),team sport, people freely share ideas and information ,but in the end it is all up to the guy on the trigger. Enjoy the handgunning journey,it is a never ending road.
Posted By: TexasVine

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 2:06 PM

I agree with asquires2. I have been a long time rifle hunter and recently decided to handgun hunt (wanted to for years). The short time I've been reading the forum, I have learned and found encouragement.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 2:08 PM

Shooting a deer with a rifle anymore would feel like cheating!

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 3:27 PM

You guys are awesome!
Posted By: dc74

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 4:27 PM

if you no you made mistakes you are learning . and thats how you get better ..
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 5:02 PM

I can remember the first time I found this site and was so darn happy because everything I`ed donewith handgun hunting was by myself.
I`ve found and talked with and meet so many other handgunners that have changed my life for the better. Sure there are other sites but for me this is the best....
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/24/2011 11:10 PM

Dan B. I agree, to easy with a long gun.
Posted By: punkinslinger

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/25/2011 4:07 AM

Yep, I agree this is by far the best site around ! If I have neglected to thank those who have helped me in the past, let me do so at this time. Please stand, place your arms over your head, in a circle grasp one hand with the other and give yourself a standing "O"vation.

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/25/2011 2:48 PM

Yea the long gun seems like cheating even though I still use them. I'd rather use my bow than a gun , its more of the sport for me than the kill even though the kill fills the freezer.

But back to the drawing board for me . Im gonna settle with one caliber and master it.
Posted By: dc74

Re: Hats off to the handgun gurus................ - 11/25/2011 3:56 PM

THIS IS MY FAV SITE
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums