Handgunhunt

Swift Pistol scope.........

Posted By: asquires2

Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/02/2012 11:58 PM

Has anyone delt with Swifts pistol scopes and if so whats your take on them.

Im curious if they are anything like Burris or Leupold as far as clear glass etc.....

I would also like to know what kinda reticle they have.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/03/2012 12:56 AM

I don't know about the swift but here is another one I'm curious about. I like the reticle but I wish they offered it in a higher power.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/313831/...-reticle-silver
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/03/2012 1:20 AM

only a swift 4x. seems like a decent cheap scope to me. havn't hunted with this one, but it is satisfactory at the range. i have a 2x7 burris that will replace it, but i could use it if needed.

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/03/2012 1:39 AM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
I don't know about the swift but here is another one I'm curious about. I like the reticle but I wish they offered it in a higher power.

Thats wicked and for the 44 mag too!

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/03/2012 1:40 AM

Originally Posted By: KYODE
only a swift 4x. seems like a decent cheap scope to me. havn't hunted with this one, but it is satisfactory at the range. i have a 2x7 burris that will replace it, but i could use it if needed.

Im stuck on Burris too! Just curius about the swift.
Posted By: 430man

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/03/2012 4:32 PM

I bought a Swift on sale after two pages of praise from E Arthur Brown. I never got it sighted in before blowing the whole insides to dust.
The replacement went on my Mark II.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/03/2012 9:14 PM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod

Rod, Looks darn interesting. Was Fowler a Action shooter???

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/03/2012 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: 430man
I bought a Swift on sale after two pages of praise from E Arthur Brown. I never got it sighted in before blowing the whole insides to dust.
The replacement went on my Mark II.

This is why I ask!
Posted By: mikefrompa

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/04/2012 12:18 AM

I had one on mt Contender which was a .375 Win. bl. That was back in 1993. It was in 2.5x. I liked it very much. Don't know about them now.

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/05/2012 10:09 PM

Whats the deal on the TC scopes I have one with the lighted reticle but have never used it.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/06/2012 3:03 AM

I have one and like it fine and it's holding up so far. I had it on my 300Win Encore last year when I shot my bull,didn't even take it off 2.5x and it was 253yds. I just put it on my 454 to see how I like it on there.
Posted By: EricS

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/06/2012 11:22 PM

I have a 4x32. It has been a good one so far. I don't know how old it is as it came mounted on a SBH I traded for. I've put about 500 rds of 30/30 through my contender with it on top and haven't had a problem. It has alot of parralax at close ranges but most of the handgun scopes I have tried do. It is hard to see game in low light but I haven't shot a leupold in low light to compare

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/07/2012 2:38 AM

Originally Posted By: EricS
I have a 4x32. It has been a good one so far. I don't know how old it is as it came mounted on a SBH I traded for. I've put about 500 rds of 30/30 through my contender with it on top and haven't had a problem. It has alot of parralax at close ranges but most of the handgun scopes I have tried do. It is hard to see game in low light but I haven't shot a leupold in low light to compare

Thats what I was gonna put mine on , my 30.30 Tender.
Posted By: sscoyote

Re: Swift Pistol scope......... - 01/07/2012 1:42 PM

John Pride and Mickey Fowler were LA cops i think and competed in the Bianchi Cup and won several times. U can read all about PFI scopes right here--
http://www.rapidreticle.com
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums