Handgunhunt

Contender Shooting Rest

Posted By: Mark Schronce

Contender Shooting Rest - 05/04/2012 6:53 PM

I am using some wooden blocks and sand bags. I want to build something, show me what you use. I have seen the one in the TC group post Nice!

Mark
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Contender Shooting Rest - 05/04/2012 7:15 PM

I built this "combo" rest many moons ago so I could use for long and short gun. But, I just use bags most of the time now.

Posted By: asquires2

Re: Contender Shooting Rest - 05/05/2012 3:22 AM

I tried the combo deal too but found I like my sand bag better not to mention it works for my long guns too.
Posted By: Randominator

Re: Contender Shooting Rest - 05/27/2012 7:31 PM

I constructed this rest years ago and it does very well especially when developing loads. I used an old front rest sold by Midway and added some weight to the rest. I then built a simple frame using 1" square tubing. I drilled and taped each corner to allow for adjustments in elevation. I added a metal box that holds a square bag.

Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Contender Shooting Rest - 05/28/2012 1:16 AM

Nice job. I wish I had a welder.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Contender Shooting Rest - 05/28/2012 5:24 AM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
I built this "combo" rest many moons ago so I could use for long and short gun. But, I just use bags most of the time now.

You are certainly a "woodsmith." Looks like furniture, IMHO. Very nice.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Contender Shooting Rest - 05/28/2012 5:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Randominator
I constructed this rest years ago and it does very well especially when developing loads. I used an old front rest sold by Midway and added some weight to the rest. I then built a simple frame using 1" square tubing. I drilled and taped each corner to allow for adjustments in elevation. I added a metal box that holds a square bag.

And you are a "metalsmith." Very nice.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums