Handgunhunt

686 Range Time

Posted By: SChunter

686 Range Time - 07/09/2012 1:30 AM

A range report was requested on this gun recently...so here it goes.

So during a break from checking trail cameras and feeders at the hunt club today, I took the opportunity to sling a little lead from a "new-to-me" S&W 686. This 8 3/8" barreled revolver with full underlug happened to be "won" while chasing a Redhawk in 41 Mag on Gunbroker. Backed off the Redhawk bid, but got this one for a steal...

Running low on my reloads that I shoot out of my 6" 686 and my Ruger Blackhawk, I opted to pick up a box of American Eagle 158 gr JSP's for plinkers and to confirm zero with the new piece.

Distance was 40 yards, rested over a horizontal cross bar - squinting through the sweat and 2x Leupold, I was pretty happy with the first 4 shots at center target. Adjusted the scope, shot 2. Reloaded three more and fired on the lower R target.

I think this gun is gonna work just fine...I see some stand time with this one in the very near future! Pork loins anyone?
Posted By: Darrell H

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/09/2012 1:43 AM

Great shooting Dur! That gun is a looker and a shooter!
;\)
What you doing with that glove on, were your hands cold?
Posted By: bfr4570

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/09/2012 1:53 AM

Dur told you not to buy that thing. Wouldnt shot for nothing. You scared that thing might bite you with that glove on.
\:\)
Posted By: SChunter

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/09/2012 9:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Darrell H
What you doing with that glove on, were your hands cold?

take your pick...
;\)

1. It was chilly - my body has already acclimated to triple digit temps. 95 feels like the frozen tundra.
2. I'm recoil sensitive.
3. I'm due for a manicure and couldn't bear the thought of posting such dreadful nails on the 'net.
4. Despite hitting the gym earlier in the day, I still had buckets of perspiration flowing from every part of my body, making everything I touched like a greased pig!

Edit - for some reason the picture is displaying rotated for me on this post different than the Bragging Board. So everyone grab your computer monitors and rotate 90 degrees counter-clockwise.
\:\)
Posted By: KRal

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/09/2012 12:08 PM

Yes, I believe I'll have loin...
Posted By: Dave Tarbell

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/09/2012 11:10 PM

Very nice,its great to see you got such a fine shooting piece,I like those 686s.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/10/2012 11:27 AM

nice groups from a new to you piece!!
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/10/2012 11:33 AM

Nice work SChunter!! I would say that you are ready!
Posted By: cfish2

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/10/2012 1:58 PM

Here piggy piggy piggy. Just stand right there and smile for the picture. SC, looks like the pork barrel will be full this year. Good shooting.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: 686 Range Time - 07/10/2012 5:34 PM

nice! love good range reports.
woulda liked to hunted a hog with ya, but just too much family stuff going on down here. 10 of us drivin each other crazy....lol. gettin storms today....yippeeeee.....

myrtle beach....hog huntin....daaaang!
\:o
that woulda been sumthin........
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums