Handgunhunt

Things That go BOOM Its home with pic

Posted By: bfr4570

Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/15/2012 10:19 PM

Been a long wait but I think it is worth it.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/15/2012 11:12 PM

That's a work of art! Tell us more....

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/15/2012 11:24 PM

Kirby Allen built 338 AX 18" Barrel, 5 Port Pain Saver brake,McMillian stock, Near scope base. The scope is Kirbys it gets a US Optics
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/15/2012 11:34 PM

Nice, Nice, NICE!!!
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/16/2012 2:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Ernie
Nice, Nice, NICE!!!

I agree...AWESOME piece.

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/16/2012 4:46 PM

Thanks cant wait to get it.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/18/2012 5:26 PM

Sweet!!

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/20/2012 1:19 AM

Kirby shot it today heres what he said.

I had scouted out a target rock that was roughly 3/4 moa in size which I estimated its size using the NP-R1 reticle on my NF test scope. It was a measured 1052 yards from your muzzle. Set up, bore sighted the big XP and then turned the camera on because at times its hard to see accurate bullet impact with these big handcannons. I was happy to see that the big handgun stopped quivering just as the bullet landed about 20 yards low under the target rock. Spotted my own shot with a 338 AX, that big PK sure works GOOD!!

Made a scope adjustment and took another shot. This time it landed roughly 3 moa low. One more scope adjustment and another shot down range. This one landed just on the left/bottom edge of the 3/4 moa rock. Perfect.

Gave the barrel 30 minutes to totally cool and then turned the video back on and ran three down for accuracy testing. First shot landed exactly where the last shot had, left bottom edge of the rock, second shot left/middle edge of the rock, third shot landed where the first shot did. I am not exaggerating in any way, top to bottom of the three shot group was less then 1/2 moa and left to right, it was about 1/5 moa in size.

Did not need to see any more and no more rounds down the bore were needed before you do the barrel break in. I was able to see every bullet impact at this 1052 yard range. Recoil.... There is some there but you get more effect from the muzzle blast then anything else, its an EVENT!!!! Wear good eye protection and good hearing protection and you will not have any problems at all.

As far as scope/eye relief, When I started shooting the handcannon, I had my cap on my head and twice the scope tapped the bill on the hat so I pulled it off and never got touched by the scope. I was not snuggling right up to the eyepiece but I was easily getting MORE then 3/4 full field of view. I have a habit of totally relaxing the more I shoot a handcannon beause if you tense up to much, you start to get that annoying quivering trigger finger and grip so I get pretty relaxed in my hold and still, never got touched.

Re: Things That go BOOM - 08/25/2012 2:32 AM

Its heading to range
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/25/2012 4:34 AM

Is that a UFO?

just kiddin'.

\:D

Really cool rig.
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/25/2012 10:11 PM

SUPER SHARP.
Posted By: Frank1

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/26/2012 4:03 AM

I'll bet a female could shoot that. Can't be that bad. If I put that scope on my BFR it would be broken in 10 shots. And I'm not from New Joisy.

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/26/2012 3:13 PM

No question a female can shoot it. It is not that bad of recoil on the person. The gun takes a alot of the abuse.

As far as scope Its a very heavy duty. Iv had BFRs in 45/70 and Ruger. Those 2 had no where near the abuse this thing puts on a scope.
\:\)
Posted By: Frank1

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/26/2012 4:46 PM

I'm speaking about the smaller BFR in 475. Leupold 2X pistol scope didn't make it. Leupold 4X is still good on BFR 45-70. Notice I said, still. When elevation turrets are held in by 3 aluminum threads, they pull. It's nature. Newton's law. Shoot it a thousand times like I have and test the Nightforce scope. Put it through a real test like I did.
Posted By: doc with a glock

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/27/2012 1:14 AM

What brass, bullet, primer, powder for the beast?

Doc

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/27/2012 3:11 AM

338 Lapua Brass with the neck blown forward. 300 SMK bullet CCI 215 primer and 96 grns of Retumbo.

Took it to the range today. No pics this was a one and clean.

The recoil was more than I thought. But never shot a SP with this much powder or bullet. Controllable but you know you pulled the trigger.

The blast is another story. Clears out the shooting range.
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Things That go BOOM Its home with pic - 08/27/2012 4:23 AM

That gun is simply a work of art.

Looks like they swiped one of the props from a SciFi movie set.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums