Handgunhunt

Ruger super blackhawk hunter model

Posted By: racksmasher

Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/18/2012 8:44 PM

I have been fondling one in stainless steel, 7.5 in 44 mag, who has one, and how do you like it.
Posted By: WVShiner329

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/18/2012 8:58 PM

mine is nice but heavy for me.
Posted By: silly goose

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/18/2012 9:15 PM

I have one in 45 Colt w/Bisley grip frame. It is a robust and well made gun. I will say that for me, it is hard to shoot offhand due to the forward weight of the scope. I only had the opportunity to shoot it once so far, to sight in and play a lil bit. W/2x scope I was getting 6 shot 4inch groups at 100 yards, and that was with my first batch of loads made up for it. I'm quite happy with it. That group was off a rest, no doubt for me.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/18/2012 9:43 PM

I have a bisley hunter in 44 thats scary accurate; straight from box...

...my son has claimed it now, so I don't get to use it much.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/18/2012 9:55 PM

I had one in 41. It shot great, but the scope location I could not get used to.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/18/2012 10:26 PM

i love my 44 bisley hunter. a superb hunting revolver imo. the forward scope mount does not bother me, but i cut my teeth on a redhawk set up the same way, so i guess i'm used to it.....or i'm strong enough to hold it up?....lol.
it is accurate enough for deer....even with factory loads.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/19/2012 12:35 AM

Quote:
or i'm strong enough to hold it up?....lol

;\)
It wasn't so much the weight, just that I don't much care for magnified pistol scopes at the "normal" location and the longer distance really exagerated it for me. The additional muzzle weight made it easier to hold on target tho.
Posted By: Boot

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/19/2012 1:04 AM

I have one in 44mag, with a Burris fastfire iii mounted in the rear dovetail. Its very accurate with factory hornady ammo, and I've been very pleased with the gun altogether. Took my first handgun deer with it last year.
Posted By: racksmasher

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/19/2012 2:13 AM

I think I would put a Ultra Dot on it, but that is not going to happen until next year, I"m going to put a 2x Leupold on it for this year, back to the gun shop on Monday, thanks guys.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/19/2012 9:25 AM

I have one just like Kral....Very nice shootin' iron.
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/19/2012 8:11 PM

I have one of the .44 Mag Bisley Hunters. Supremely accurate gun with the right loads.

I too didn't like the scope so far out over the barrel so I went with the Weigand mount and an UltraDot Match Dot.

The Match dot is lighter than a scope and the weigand mount allows me to get the weight back more over the cylinder. I have a sunshade on both the front and rear of the UltraDot so it looks significantly longer in the photo.

Please excuse the crappy cell phone picture...
Posted By: jacklink

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/20/2012 2:41 AM

Dear, again in the http://www.mmolive.com/ valentine's day. I don't know http://www.mmohome.com/ how many of you have me to your chocolate, but I see clearly... http://www.mmohome.com/gold/Crystal-Saga-US.html
!This year I can send--to reduce weight tea?
Posted By: mike.44

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/21/2012 6:58 AM

Looks like another spammer.
Posted By: wizzard

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/22/2012 11:42 AM

Not a bad gun at all. I have one and It shoots well. Like others here, the forward weight of the gun, especially once fitted with a scope takes some getting used to. The grip could play a part in that (I have the non-bisley grip). Also, Since purchasing the gun, I have added a Super Redhawk and BFR to the ole' gun cabinet so I kind of left this one behind but haven't made my mind up to sell it yet. Hope this helps.
Posted By: ahandgunhunter

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/23/2012 1:34 AM

love mine shoots great with 300gr cast bullets!
Posted By: Damian45acp

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/23/2012 3:36 PM

I have a super redhawk in 44 mag with red dot sight.scary accurate like he said above but dosent use that big ol 45 cal load i love to use use im my blackhawk now.It is just as magnum level as the 44 and a bigger bullet.
Posted By: Frank1

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/23/2012 4:00 PM

The obvious benefit is optics for load workup. Take the scope/mount off and it's beautiful and it shoots!
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/23/2012 8:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank1
The obvious benefit is optics for load workup. Take the scope/mount off and it's beautiful and it shoots!

I have plenty of other guns with open sights but the scope stays on this one.

When it comes to that last few minutes of light during prime time, trying to find that black blade in the black notch is a challenge.
Posted By: Frank1

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/24/2012 2:52 PM

98Redline:
 Quote:
I have plenty of other guns with open sights but the scope stays on this one.

When it comes to that last few minutes of light during prime time, trying to find that black blade in the black notch is a challenge.

I agree. Sometimes a red dot sight can become a black hole also. Tritium sights would be a nice option.
Posted By: johnwilliams

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/27/2012 7:08 PM

nice looking piece...
Posted By: SBHunter81

Re: Ruger super blackhawk hunter model - 08/28/2012 12:02 AM

Love it!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums