Handgunhunt

Dixie

Posted By: wapitirod

Dixie - 07/29/2013 9:50 AM

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I've had to close the business again but this time may be for good. My health is deteriorating much faster than expected and I've received some new diagnosis and they are still trying to figure out the neurological issues affecting my memory and causing tremors.

I will still do little things like action work and some refinishing so if you need those things just shoot me a pm or email. I'm referring all my other work to Jack Huntington and he'll be finishing the big jobs I have on hand. The docs just figure it's time to spend less time worrying about my business and concentrate on dealing with my failing health.

I've done work for a lot of you guys and I thank you for the opportunity to do so and if there is ever a problem or if you have some light work to do let me know and I'll take care of it.

I hope you all have a great hunting season and I look forward to seeing your post on how you do.

Sincerely,
Rod
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 11:09 AM

Sorry to hear this, Rod. Your doctors are right, you should concentrate on getting better. Business can wait. Hang in there, man.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 2:41 PM

Damn, Rod, hate to hear this. I wish you the best and hope you get mended up so you can enjoy your life. God bless.
Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 3:18 PM

From the little I have gotten to know you, it is obvious you are too cantankerous to throw in the towel. Perhaps the doc is right, focus your energy on the correct fight.

Craig
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 4:27 PM

man thats rough. Best wishes in your fight for your health. reflex264

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 5:35 PM

Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. It's kind of like having a leaky boat, keeps getting new holes punched in it until the flooding overwhelms the pumps and your only choice is beach it or sink. That's where my health is now so I'm trying to just relax and enjoy doing the things that make me happy such as hunting because one thing this has taught me is nothing says you'll be able to do it forever. I've never taken an Elk or Mulie with a recurve so that's my bucket list for this year and then I'll hunt bear and cougar with my revolvers while helping my wife get her buck and bull during firearms season.

Next year lord willing I'm going to hunt Antelope with a muzzle loader since I've never used a smoke pole to take an animal and I've only taken one goat. I think if I can just get back some of my physical conditioning it will help a lot, it won't fix all the issues but it will at least make it easier to cope. Right now I'm not healing well and pain management is a bear since I've had so many surgeries so close together and now with other stuff thrown in on top it makes getting rid of the extra pounds that much tougher.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 5:58 PM

Rod, get yourself well so you can take that road trip. The fish are biting.
Posted By: 240

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 6:08 PM

Rod,
Sorry to hear your out of commision for a bit, rest up & let the doctors do their thing, ... and before you know it, you will posting pics on the Braggin Board again!
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 6:25 PM

Hate to hear it Rod,get yourself well
Posted By: Seasons44

Re: Dixie - 07/29/2013 7:52 PM

Sorry to hear this Rod, Get well and take care of yourself
Posted By: KRal

Re: Dixie - 07/30/2013 12:41 AM

Sorry to hear, Rod. You really had a promising future with your new business and most of all, you loved what you did. Don't give up and have faith in your docs; maybe they'll get you back on track. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Posted By: rickiesrevenge

Re: Dixie - 07/30/2013 2:05 AM

Sorry to hear. I don't live too far from you now, so if you need any help let me know.

Aaron
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Dixie - 07/30/2013 12:39 PM

your in our prayers! hang in there
Posted By: chas3stix

Re: Dixie - 07/31/2013 12:48 PM

Will keep your health concerns in our prayers.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Dixie - 07/31/2013 1:38 PM

Bummer!!! That sucks!!
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Dixie - 07/31/2013 3:17 PM

Wow Rod, I haven't been on here much lately; super busy summer. But something told me to sign in today. I wish you the best and will put you in my prayers. I will also pray for your family; it must be very hard on them too.

Gregg
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Dixie - 08/01/2013 11:47 AM

Good luck...
Posted By: mike.44

Re: Dixie - 08/02/2013 4:09 AM

Rod, you are in my prayers. You, Sir, are a class act. Last year you took time to e-mail me pictures for doing some work on a Ruger. I really appreciate that. Now, it is time for you to spend some time doing the things YOU want to do. Now is the time.

Re: Dixie - 08/02/2013 5:00 AM

Thanks again to all of you and Mike I'll still help any of you I can with advice and instructions and like I said I'll still do some light stuff like action jobs and such.
Posted By: doc with a glock

Re: Dixie - 08/04/2013 2:55 AM

Rod,

Sorry to hear about this. Take care, do what you must, and trust in the Lord! It always works out; however, not usually like we plan.

Doc
Posted By: chuck m

Re: Dixie - 08/04/2013 3:31 AM

Rod, sorry to hear of you health problems. Take your time and recover. My 44 SBH you did for me is calling for a mate.

My prayers are sent for you and your family.

chuck m
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums