Handgunhunt

Naked man attacks hunter

Posted By: wapitirod

Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 9:48 AM

I don't know what to say about this, it's on about 45 minutes from my house and close to where I deer and elk hunt. Things just keep getting more and more strange in this state. I really want to move to WY.

http://www.walb.com/story/23659711/deput...medium=facebook
Posted By: campbellkids

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 9:53 AM

You dont think that there are strange things happening in Wyoming!

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 10:30 AM

not as strange as what goes on 70 miles from Oregons version of San Francisco, also known as Portland or "Potland". He probably picked some of the wrong mushrooms.
Posted By: chas3stix

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 12:59 PM

Maybe he was high on wacky tabacky....:)
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 1:45 PM

I can hear that conversation now after the hunter got the upper hand...

Bad guy: "Give me your clothes or I'll hit ya with this rock."

Hunter: "Give me your rock or I'll shoot ya with this gun!!!"

Bad guy: "Ok, you win...."

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 4:17 PM

Originally Posted By: raptortrapper

LMFAO. I can tell you knowing myself and a lot of other "Good Ole boys" around here he's lucky he didn't get his balls blown off just out of twisted humor.
Posted By: doc with a glock

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 4:42 PM

Rod,

Probably another "ACORN" demoncrap looking to expand their voter base for 2014. He was dressed in emperor Odumbo's new clothes.

Doc
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 4:49 PM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
 Originally Posted By: raptortrapper

LMFAO. I can tell you knowing myself and a lot of other "Good Ole boys" around here he's lucky he didn't get his balls blown off just out of twisted humor.

Heck, I live in Tennessee. I'd hate to imagine what would have happened if he went after some of the good ole boys around here.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 4:58 PM

Originally Posted By: chas3stix

I've heard they grow some good stuff up that way, but methinks it would take something a bit stronger to posess a man to strip down and attack a man with a gun, with a rock. I cannot fathom how the hunter even allowed him close enough to make contact. In any event, Tarzan needs a little solitary.
Posted By: Boot

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 5:37 PM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: chas3stix

I've heard they grow some good stuff up that way, but methinks it would take something a bit stronger to posess a man to strip down and attack a man with a gun, with a rock. I cannot fathom how the hunter even allowed him close enough to make contact. In any event, Tarzan needs a little solitary.

Yeah, I just can't see lettin' a nekkid fella get close enough to me to swing at me with a rock.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/12/2013 6:19 PM

I don't know if he snuck up on the guy or what happened but if it had been me the guy probably would have gotten a 240gr XTP out of my 454 before that rock got near my head and if he did get to me, once he tried strangling me he'd be dead. I am going to see if some of my friends in law enforcement can tell me some more and I'll let you guys know.
Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/13/2013 1:59 AM

It's pretty obvious that having a gun to hunt does not necessarily equate with making the decision to protect one self against deadly force. I have been fortunate that at our ranch, the mere presence of a firearm has to date make folks tend to behave. About the last thing on this earth I would want to use is deadly force against someone who was either mentally ill or outside their normal mind on drugs. But ill or drugged, there would be a line for me. The moral high ground seems kinda low, if your skull is crushed, or lyrnx crushed.

Craig
Posted By: mike.44

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/13/2013 12:03 PM

If it happened in the deep south the nut case would probably have gotten the "Deliverance" treatment. LOL
Posted By: Rupe430

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/13/2013 2:34 PM

Here in Christmas Valley you can buy over the counter Tags for naked guys with Rocks!

Talk about bizzar! To wierd!

I would have capped him as soon as he charged me with that rock in his hand right at the point when he's intended target was my head.
He must have.caught the hunter off guard or as already posted snuck up on him.
Rupe
Posted By: nuclearweasel

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/13/2013 3:40 PM

If you read the news article they were neighbors. You would be hard pressed to shoot the neighbor kid regardless of what he was doing. Im not saying that i have a high tolerance for naked folks hitting me with rocks, but i find it easy to believe that a grown man with a gun would go to great lengths not to hurt a youth that was obviously unwell. Most imortantly i feel this incident highlights that we dont have a gun control problem in this country, but rather a mental healthcare shortfall.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/13/2013 4:00 PM

Originally Posted By: nuclearweasel
Most imortantly i feel this incident highlights that we dont have a gun control problem in this country, but rather a mental healthcare shortfall.

True, but I was waiting for that last sentence to end with "...but rather a rock control problem"!!

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/13/2013 4:08 PM

I still think it was drugs, living in the area I am more than familiar with the drug issues here and this is the typical type of problems we encounter. My farrier and friend is the most senior deputy on the Sheriffs department here and he busted one of the assistant DA's from Portland a few years ago at his own wedding reception. The DA came over here to get married and he and the majority of his party decided to get stoned in a public park, of course since he was black he started yelling racism out of the gate. I was attacked by my neighbors grandson (30+yrs old) about three years ago and I made it a point while testifying against him at a restraining order hearing that if he ever stepped foot on my property again I would assume it was to do harm to myself or my family and I would kill him. I meant what I said and the little bastard has avoided me as best possible for all the time since. The neighbor aspect I don't find to be an issue, the fact is this world becomes a better place every time some people quit breathing. In this area in particular though I would make an educated guess that about a third of the population smokes dope and a quarter are on meth with shrooms, pcp and heroin mixed in. That is pretty bad in a county of 23000. That should explain why in a town of only 4500 I carry concealed or open every where I go, even if it's just to the grocery store.

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/13/2013 10:24 PM

Hell I carry concealed AND open everywhere I go, and there are less than 2000 people here!! Only time I'm not carrying is if I have to go to the oil field, and it is against policy to carry on those locations. We have been trying to get that changed, but so far, we can't do it.

Makes me nervous every time I have to go to the locations cause I know I'm not carrying it with me. Its an empty feeling.
Posted By: Rupe430

Re: Naked man attacks hunter - 10/14/2013 1:36 AM

A rock in the hand that is being swung at your head is plenty of reason to shoot someone. That hunter could have been killed. Not the way I'm going out that's for dang sure.
Even out here in the middle of no where I carry. I have seen to many things that have happened to people that could have been avoided if they had been carrying.
Rupe
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums