Handgunhunt

best shooting gloves?

Posted By: Raptortrapper

best shooting gloves? - 10/27/2013 1:34 PM

Hey guys. I'm asking my wife for some shooting gloves for Christmas this year. I'm hoping they will help prolong my shooting sessions with the big bore revolvers.

What are the best ones you have used??

Thanks!!
Posted By: WiseGuy

Re: best shooting gloves? - 10/27/2013 2:45 PM

Ive also been looking for a pair to.

Re: best shooting gloves? - 10/27/2013 2:46 PM

I saw some from "Past" on midway, but the reviews are horrible from guys that are using only 44 mag loads. One even claims the palm ripped on the first shot!!! I do NOT want that!
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: best shooting gloves? - 10/27/2013 5:15 PM

Pro Aim......

Re: best shooting gloves? - 10/27/2013 7:01 PM

Yeah I saw those in your book. I looked them up online. Do you use them with or without the brace?

Re: best shooting gloves? - 10/27/2013 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: raptortrapper
Yeah I saw those in your book. I looked them up online. Do you use them with or without the brace?

With the brace. In my gloves they are integral.

Re: best shooting gloves? - 10/28/2013 2:06 AM

Oh ok. The little video said they are removable. Maybe they changed it.
Posted By: 7P's

Re: best shooting gloves? - 10/28/2013 11:38 PM

http://www.gripswell.com/gs33.php
Posted By: magman

Re: best shooting gloves? - 11/02/2013 3:34 PM

My Past glove tore after a few rounds from my big bore.

I am asking for Pro-Aims for Christmas. I will use them with the brace.
Posted By: EricS

Re: best shooting gloves? - 11/03/2013 7:00 PM

I have seen the pro aim gloves recommended before. Has anyone that have used them noticed a different point of impact when using them?

Re: best shooting gloves? - 11/03/2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: EricS
I have seen the pro aim gloves recommended before. Has anyone that have used them noticed a different point of impact when using them?

I have used them for years and haven't noticed any change in POI.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: best shooting gloves? - 12/27/2013 9:54 PM

Take a look at the Firestorm Gloves from Blackhawk Products. They feature pads on the front of the fingers, waterproof Pittard leather; Fire resistant, and Kevlar reinforced construction. I bought two styles after seeing these at the SHOT Show a few years back. One has the wrist strap, and the other is elastic wrist (which I use 90% of the time). I think this one is called the Hellstorm. These gloves were developed for the U.S. Military, so the leather is thinned on the trigger finger, with skived cut lines to enable you to cut the trigger finger back if you so choose (I did not). They will definitely solve the problem of getting your hands beat up by the handgun, or scorched by the muzzle blast. Over the past four years, I have shot .357 Max., up to 45/70 Govt. and .480 Ruger revolvers, plus Encores, 45/70 Contenders etc. using mine with no rips or tears. Not cheap at $60 per copy last time I looked, but definitely worth the money.

Re: best shooting gloves? - 12/27/2013 11:15 PM

Thanks sawfish. Can you send me a link to a photo or something. I can't find them on the net. I was going to order the pro aim gloves, but been so dang busy that I haven't gotten it done. I'd like to look at these that you are talking about before getting the pro aim gloves.

Thanks
Posted By: Jedagi

Re: best shooting gloves? - 01/01/2014 12:58 AM

I have a pair of ironclad digital camo hunting gloves. They work great.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums