Handgunhunt

Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt

Posted By: Gregg Richter

Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/15/2013 4:39 PM

is now about over with 4 of the 5 Military Veterans attending having killed their trophy bucks in only 2 days. The hunt was hosted by my good friend and outfitter Matt Schneider of Schneider's Polled Herefords and Outfitting in GMU 391 of Colorado on several private ranches; all in this local area. The hunt dates: November 13-17.

Unfortunately, the fifth Veteran had to leave for home for an emergency, even though the hunt was scheduled to run through Sunday.

The fully guided hunt started out Tuesday with a session at the gun range and then a banquet dinner where all the veterans were honored and then given prizes after a good dinner. The event was attended by approximately 50 to 60 locals and the stories told and comaraderie shared can not be put into simple words. There were a lot of tears shed as well as a lot of laughter shared that special evening.

The hunt will be culminated with a large steak dinner (the meat donated by a local cattle rancher) on Sunday evening for all the hunters and guides and wives/girlfriends.

For more information on Field Of Dreams and/or to make a donation for future events for the Wounded Veterans that served our great country, go to Field Of Dreams

I guided a Vietnam Veteran from Idaho; Paul, who was wounded in Vietnam and in addition to a Purple Heart, won a Bronze Star. Paul has permanent lung injuries and also has skin problems from being sprayed with Agent Orange. He is a real trooper with a heart like a bull and the attitude to go with it.

Paul made a perfect one shot kill on his buck, which brags seven points on each side, including double brow tines on the left side.

Posted By: Ernie

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/15/2013 5:34 PM

Excellent
Posted By: Russell

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/15/2013 7:05 PM

Outstanding!
Posted By: 3dcadman

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/15/2013 7:36 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/15/2013 8:18 PM

Rightious!
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/16/2013 3:27 PM

Outstanding! Thank you and the others for your participation,Gregg!
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/16/2013 9:26 PM

That is wonderful....
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/17/2013 2:36 PM

Fantastic Gregg! Thank you for your support of the cause!
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/18/2013 9:32 PM

Very cool!

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/19/2013 4:03 AM

Thank you guys. We did a "photo shoot" yesterday. Here is one that I took on timer mode:

For those that don't know me, the yellow wild rag is me and my hunter Paul is to my left with the caped deer head.

Four hunters/four guides with Tom Dermody and John Montelli of Field Of Dreams holding the banner.

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/21/2013 5:19 AM

Yes I did; gave up my own hunting season which corresponded with the same dates of the WW Hunt.

No regrets; I feel totally fulfilled and WILL do it again next year; I have plenty of successful hunts under my belt and The Good Lord has blessed me already with a full freezer.

Posted By: PythonHunter

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/21/2013 7:27 PM

Congratulations Gregg! That looks like a fantastic way to spend your deer season even you didn't get to punch your tag.

That's a very nice thing you've done.

PH

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/21/2013 8:24 PM

Thank you sir. It was actually my elk season. No worries here, my friend.
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Field of Dreams Wounded Warriors Mule Deer Hunt - 11/21/2013 11:51 PM

Superb!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums