Handgunhunt

frog lube

Posted By: mikefrompa

frog lube - 01/30/2014 12:23 AM

ok, give me your opinion about frog lube clp. Thanks in advance shooters.
Posted By: Gary

Re: frog lube - 01/30/2014 12:32 AM

It's good stuff - I use the Slip2000 with seemingly equal success.
Posted By: mikefrompa

Re: frog lube - 01/30/2014 2:05 AM

Gary, does frog lube clp clean copper fouling from the barrel?
Posted By: 7P's

Re: frog lube - 01/30/2014 10:58 PM

I had some Frog Lube paste given to me and I used it on a couple 1911's and it seemed about like any other quality grease except it smelled better than all the rest. Clean up was easy but grease clean up on a 1911 is normally easy.

I still have a lot left but I went back to Mobil 1 red synthetic, as that is what I like best.

Frog Lube will not clean out copper or lead buildup. What I use for copper is Boretec CU+2 or Boretec Eliminator, both will take out copper as fast as anything on the market that I know of.

I also didn't find Frog Lube to reduce bore copper fouling - to me it's just another excellent firearm paste that has the best smell on the market IMHO.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: frog lube - 01/31/2014 6:43 AM

Wipe-out is good on copper. Another long range shooter turned me on to it. It is a spray foam. Spray it in and let it set an hour......push a patch down the bore and it is spotless.
Posted By: 7P's

Re: frog lube - 01/31/2014 5:44 PM

No experience with wipe-out, but unless your patch comes out a very dark blue you might want to test it with another product after using wipe-out.

For a couple decades I used Sweet's 7.62 and thought it was a great copper cleaner - it was, but sometimes it took a looong time to get all the copper out but when I stumbled unto Boretec CU+2 and then Boretec eliminator I've never looked back, as all the copper usually comes out in less than 15 minutes on the rough barrels.

I've heard there are other "miracle" copper cleaners on the market that are super fast & safe to use - so maybe wipe-out is one of them.

The only thing to remember when using these "fast" chemicals is you need either an aluminum or stainless steel jag and brush adapter, as using brass will give you a false positive for copper still being in the barrel.
Posted By: Damon

Re: frog lube - 02/05/2014 2:15 PM

I use it on my AR BCG . pulled the thing out of the Safe after 5 months and still cycled perfect. slip2000 never did that for me
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums