Handgunhunt

History on my desk TLA#5-the last one

Posted By: reflex264

History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/09/2014 7:37 PM

Here is what is most likely the very last TLA 5 frame that was machined to finish. Although there are several forgings left this one was already to finish. The cylinder hasn't been drilled yet. Going to Alan Harton to be finished.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/09/2014 8:01 PM

Will be a nice gun when he's done. Did you get the gripframe and a barrel or did you opt for Alan to build those??

Re: History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/09/2014 8:17 PM

He has a grip frame and barrel from one of the parts sets they sold. It had all of the small parts but no frame and cylinder. He got one of the rough frames that wasn't serialed and was going to have Alan build it then this deal was made to get the last machined frame. It has a serial number.
Posted By: BINGO

Re: History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/10/2014 1:18 AM

Now that is a find! I remember lusting over those when I was younger & just started a family.
Posted By: LABRAT

Re: History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/10/2014 2:30 AM

if i may, let me clarify. i got this finish machined frame and parts set and the rough casting from Stephen Webb. i have enough parts minus a few small parts and one cylinder for two guns. Stephen was going to sell this with parts to make an improved no5 express. after thinking really hard about it, all i really want is an improved no5 that i can shoot and hunt with and not feel guilty about actually using. as he said when i told him what i want "after Alan gets done with it, it will be better than what came out of TLA originally."
Posted By: 500WE

Re: History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/10/2014 11:24 AM

I'm certain that's true.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/10/2014 12:43 PM

Reflex, Great find... Please post a picture of the finished gun. I hunted with Bill Grover at the YO and watched him make a 150yd + shot on a whitetail with a #5 Express in 44mag. Those were the day`s.....

Re: History on my desk TLA#5-the last one - 04/10/2014 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
Reflex, Great find... Please post a picture of the finished gun. I hunted with Bill Grover at the YO and watched him make a 150yd + shot on a whitetail with a #5 Express in 44mag. Those were the day`s.....

That is awesome!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums