Handgunhunt

American Hunter this month

Posted By: LABRAT

American Hunter this month - 05/21/2014 2:36 AM

Whit, let me say that your article in this month's Hunter was a good intro to handgun hunting. Your name was the first thing i looked for in the table of contents and i was not dissappointed.
It was also nice to see several handgun kills in the member's trophy photo gallery. i suspect there were a few of the members here that made it. overall from what i have read, a good issue of that magazine. there is also an article on single-shot handguns that seems to be pretty good.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/21/2014 3:16 AM

Originally Posted By: LABRAT
Whit, let me say that your article in this month's Hunter was a good intro to handgun hunting. Your name was the first thing i looked for in the table of contents and i was not dissappointed.
It was also nice to see several handgun kills in the member's trophy photo gallery. i suspect there were a few of the members here that made it. overall from what i have read, a good issue of that magazine. there is also an article on single-shot handguns that seems to be pretty good.

Thank you much! I am trying my best to spread the word about handgun hunting, and American Hunter has a wide reach. I sincerely hope to get more folks involved in our fine way-of-life.

I appreciate the kind words!
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/21/2014 4:58 AM

I just got my issue today and was happy to see the articles also! Very well done Whit!!
Posted By: Recoil

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/21/2014 9:04 AM

I was thrilled when I saw those two articles on board the magazine. It sure peaked my interest! Thank you for your contribution Whit!
Posted By: longhunter

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/21/2014 3:46 PM

just read mine last night,great article...thanks!
Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/21/2014 5:28 PM

See how they are, I switched over to American Rifleman a few years ago. I decided I would rather read articles about Glocks, than I would about Turkey hunting strategies. The lessor of two evils ;^)

I am pretty computer saavy, but perhaps this would be a good place to ask whether the NRA has both electronically? Or maybe Whit, you need to pen some 98 Mauser or AR15 articles......

Craig
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/22/2014 1:17 AM

got mine today, another good one my friend

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/22/2014 1:12 PM

Originally Posted By: cottonstalk
got mine today, another good one my friend

Thanks, my friend!
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/22/2014 7:14 PM

I just read it; good job, Whit!
Posted By: SChunter

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/22/2014 7:48 PM

Whit,

Nice article! I will say that my elbows cringed at the thought of being driven back and into the bench (p 52). My .460 cured me of hard tables and rested elbows...
Posted By: reflex264

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/23/2014 12:17 PM

I finally get to read it last night. I would have loved to had that article in 1978. When I started Elmer inspired me but didn't educate me. Good job as always. reflex264

Re: American Hunter this month - 05/23/2014 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SChunter
Whit,

Nice article! I will say that my elbows cringed at the thought of being driven back and into the bench (p 52). My .460 cured me of hard tables and rested elbows...

Haha! I was shooting my BFR in .500 JRH with some pretty obnoxious loads -- 425s at 1,450 + fps. Ouch.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums