Handgunhunt

Should we divide discussion over gun types?

Posted By: reflex264

Should we divide discussion over gun types? - 06/04/2014 1:05 PM

In the hypo handgun thread I have noticed some division over rifle cartridge handguns and typical pistol cartridge handguns. Should we have two discussions and then compare results? There is a ton a great info already posted in that thread. I am wondering if we could have two more topics after it runs its course to further study velocity and energy disbursment. What think ye gents? You may already know but I use all of the above. It is not a matter of taking sides but rather learning more about what works in each case and even in each caliber. For example I have fell in love with the 240gr XTP mag but in my .460 Rowland auto. I can already tell you it expands as low as 1100fps and I can launch them over 1400 from the Glock. Where would you classify that? Certainly not against a 450 Marlin Encore. Both work though. make sense?
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: Should we divide discussion over gun types? - 06/04/2014 2:36 PM

I agree and I think they should be divided to have a fair discussion. Each have their advantages but comparing the two with equal bullets is like comparing two pintos one with a 4cyl and the other with an 8cyl.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Should we divide discussion over gun types? - 06/04/2014 2:55 PM

I'd LOVE to see those threads! I can't contribute to either one really, but I'll sure learn a lot!
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Should we divide discussion over gun types? - 06/04/2014 3:45 PM

To clarify I am talking about grouping revolvers and autos in one group and single shots and bolt/rotating breach in another. reflex264
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Should we divide discussion over gun types? - 06/04/2014 4:21 PM

Sounds like a great idea. I have killed with both & always love these forums.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums