Handgunhunt

Am I doing something wrong

Posted By: oregonboy

Am I doing something wrong - 11/04/2014 12:31 AM

I spent part of my weekend shooting my new Blackhawk 41 mag with some fairly potent loads and my shooting hand (the heel of the hand , follow the pinky down to the wrist) is sore. I have noticed this several times with both my bisley grip frame and the xr3 grip frame , am I doing something wrong in my grip?.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Am I doing something wrong - 11/04/2014 2:10 AM

Nope, that's just part of shooting big bores; especially potent loads. You just have to build a tolerance for it, shoot a little less or back off the throttle a bit.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Am I doing something wrong - 11/04/2014 2:19 PM

Its just the effects of cumulative recoil. You keep pounding your hand in one spot it gets sore.As KRal says limit your round count as nasty habits devoelope quickly and are hard to break.Sometimes a change of grips helps.
Posted By: daywolf

Re: Am I doing something wrong - 11/19/2014 1:37 AM

I have used Pachmayer Decelerators on a lot of my hand cannons...takes a lot of that nasty bite out of the recoil. I shoot an Encore chanbered in .444 Marlin.15" bbl...no break...and this helps imensely.
Posted By: airedale lover

Re: Am I doing something wrong - 11/19/2014 1:28 PM

I like the Hogue rubber grips on my blackhawk I think they are ugly but work to keep the triggerguard from pounding my finger.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Am I doing something wrong - 11/19/2014 6:08 PM

that`s why I wear shooting gloves....
Posted By: tradmark

Re: Am I doing something wrong - 11/19/2014 11:10 PM

2nd the shooting gloves. hard to get good if ya don't have shooting gloves. one off shooting hunting is no probs but practice is best done with the shooting gloves to prevent a flinch. you'll get good.
Posted By: TGC

Re: Am I doing something wrong - 11/20/2014 12:20 AM

They don't have this problem in Russia.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums