Handgunhunt

Storage of reloads

Posted By: Raptortrapper

Storage of reloads - 04/13/2015 2:46 PM

What do you guys use to store your reloads in? I would think most of us use the divided boxes that fit each caliber, but wondered if there is something "better"?? I don't like how lose my reloads fit in the boxes. I hate the constant rattling while driving. Now I just put foam on top of the reloads before closing the lid which packs them in a little tighter and holds them in place.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Storage of reloads - 04/13/2015 3:40 PM

I most often use the plastic 50 count boxes like what you have, but sometimes I'll keep them in boxes factory cartridges came in, relabeled appropriately. Usually, these boxes have some way to keep the cartridges still, like a foam block or plastic sleeve.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Storage of reloads - 04/13/2015 8:45 PM

I don't have any factory boxes of 500JRH though. Come to think of it, I don't have factory anything any more since I got my reloader a few years ago.

Maybe some of the guys around the range might have something that will work. Most guys throw stuff away out there. Not many reloaders around here.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Storage of reloads - 04/13/2015 9:59 PM

A piece of foam in the top of the 50 or 100 count boxes ,or a folded up shop towel. The towel serves double duty to clean your hands after shooting.
Posted By: Badubet

Re: Storage of reloads - 04/13/2015 10:20 PM

I like the sound because it reminds me what I'm going to do when I get to the range. It's like the beer bottle rattling sound coming from my fridge in my man cave/ shop.
Posted By: billa

Re: Storage of reloads - 04/13/2015 11:36 PM

I use the MTM 50 or 100 round with lid for straight wall and usually the 20 round slip top for necked ammo. Fold a paper towel on top to quiet them down if needed. I like the sound but at times quiet is best.
When I was doing a lot of action shooting I carried my reloads and empties in gallon size zip lock bags. Right from the Dillon hopper into the bag!
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Storage of reloads - 04/13/2015 11:53 PM

Quote:
zip lock bags

Works for me ;-)

I do package my official "hunting" ammo in fliptop boxes, but bulk ammo gets bulk packed in bags.
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Storage of reloads - 04/14/2015 12:10 PM

^^^ This

Semi Autos go in gallon ziplock bags. I always throw an extra bag inside the bag with my ammo so I have a place to put the brass.

Revolver and hunting ammo in plastic fliptop boxes.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums