Handgunhunt

Im thinking about doing the unthinkable

Posted By: Badubet

Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/29/2015 5:18 AM

Im trying to fund another project and I'm considering selling one or both of my Linebaugh Customs. Normally I wouldnt think of selling them but this other opportunity is too good to pass up and timing is close for funding. I'm really on the fence with this one. Talk me back from the edge.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/29/2015 11:05 AM

What is the opportunity?
How important is it to you?
Posted By: Coogs

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/29/2015 11:52 AM

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay (or give up) for it. Coogs.

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/29/2015 1:37 PM

It's a long term business opportunity that may only come around once. Normally it would be a easier decision but the two revolvers are kind of a set. They have the same serial number from Linebaugh. Might not ever be able to put that together again if I let these go.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/29/2015 2:21 PM

You will regret the decision to sell long after the new has worn off the busiiness venture.Find another route.
Posted By: Mech 8

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/29/2015 9:23 PM

You only need one kidney, how much can you get for the other? Seriously, sell something else that would be easier to replace later. I already have regrets getting rid of guns that were accurate in order to pursue another project.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/29/2015 10:24 PM

How about a small business loan from a bank? Usually they have very little interest on those types of loans. At least here anyway...

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/30/2015 12:34 AM

Thanks for the advice. I figured another way to raise the needed cash. I needed my kidneys to process the beer I drink. I tried to sell my testicles but my wife's sister was the only one interested.
Posted By: FAH

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/30/2015 12:57 AM

Raptor is on the right track, but let me add, look for a bank that is connected with the Small Business Administration. I'm going thru this now as we are expanding our business and moving into larger quarters. If you hook up with a SBA backed loan they will guarantee the loan which means less or no personal collateral that you have to put up. Save the Linebaugh's go with the SBA. Good luck my friend.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 06/30/2015 1:01 PM

Originally Posted By: junebug
You will regret the decision to sell long after the new has worn off the busiiness venture.Find another route.

I agree with this completely.
Posted By: sw282

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 07/12/2015 10:36 AM

l just love my guns, but l hate debt even more
Posted By: longhunter

Re: Im thinking about doing the unthinkable - 07/12/2015 4:55 PM

Been there,done that. Twice in my life I have had to sell all my guns for financial reasons, I feel for you.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums