Handgunhunt

Shooting gloves?

Posted By: LFN

Shooting gloves? - 07/05/2015 5:39 AM

can anybody recommend a shooting glove for the hard recoiling guns.

I've got a S&W 629 mountain gun, the rubber grips it came with didn't fit me right, bought the pachmeyer gripper type, better but still not perfect.

had a cheap pair of work gloves like the mechanix but different brand, with them now I felt like I had a good hold on the grips, went to the range and sure enough, good control of the gun and accuracy greatly improved, however after only 20 rounds my wrist really hurt and painful to use thumb for firing single action.

so does anybody use a glove intended for recoil control, and do they work?
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Shooting gloves? - 07/05/2015 2:42 PM

Pro Aim. Also, use the search function that is in the bar just above the first subject or reply on each page, and search shooting gloves. You'll find a ton of info.
Posted By: linebaugh

Re: Shooting gloves? - 07/06/2015 1:34 AM

Originally Posted By: raptortrapper
Pro Aim. Also, use the search function that is in the bar just above the first subject or reply on each page, and search shooting gloves. You'll find a ton of info.

I second that. Pro Aim makes a great glove.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Shooting gloves? - 07/06/2015 3:47 AM

Originally Posted By: raptortrapper
...... use the search function that is in the bar just above the first subject or reply on each page, and search shooting gloves. You'll find a ton of info.

Yes, that subject has been discussed here a lot.

I use a pair of Browning shooting gloves for over-all comfort. I don't know that they do all that much for "recoil control."
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Shooting gloves? - 07/06/2015 12:00 PM

Pro Aim all the way.....

Posted By: Badubet

Re: Shooting gloves? - 07/07/2015 1:30 AM

I use a pair of Bob Allen shotgun gloves.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Shooting gloves? - 07/08/2015 9:03 PM

Since Uncle Mikes is out of business I ordered a pair of padded gloves for use with a jack hammer. Not exactly made for a shooter but they worked. After looking at Whits pro Aim I ordered two pair as they look pretty good.....
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums