Handgunhunt

Affordable handgun scopes

Posted By: eastex

Affordable handgun scopes - 09/23/2015 3:52 AM

I habe 3 scopes right now a Burris on my 44 redhawk which I'll be putting on my 460 in a few days and I have 2 bushnell. I am needing 3 scopes one to replace on my redhawk, one for a 223 and one for a 270 barrel anybody have any luck with cheaper scopes for around 100 or less that will hold up to the recoil of the 44 and 270 that you would recommend
Posted By: billa

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/23/2015 4:30 AM

Depending on your shooting style you may consider a standard rifle scope on your 223. I have a 4 -12 riflescope on my Contender 223 that I have taken game at over 400 yards with. You could probably get away with a $100 ish scope for this.
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/23/2015 3:52 PM

The least expensive scopes are the ones that don't break, thus don't require return to the manufacturer, arguing over Warranty, postage, ammo to re-zero, etc.
I'm a Leupold lover, but have had satisfactory experience with Bushnell (but they'll do everything they can to avoid honoring their Warranty), and to a lesser extent, Burris, as well as with Ultra Dot red dots.
YMMV.
Posted By: longhunter

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/23/2015 11:19 PM

I've had good luck with Simmons. I have a 2-6x32 on my Redhawk, have never had a problem.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/24/2015 1:13 AM

Bushnell Trophy, prefer the Leupolds.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/24/2015 1:23 AM

There's an old saying that goes something like this, "only a rich man can afford a cheap scope."
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/24/2015 3:00 AM

Not my favorite but fits the profile
http://www.natchezss.com/simmons-2-6x32-prohunter-handgun-scope-truplex-reticle-55017.html

JMHO
Save your money buy a used Leupold ---they have a real lifetime warranty.

Unlikely but---If it does not work they will fix it. Most likely it will never break again in your lifetime,

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/24/2015 4:01 AM

I have been looking for a used leupold and haven't found one yet on eBay. If I wasn't looking for one there would be 20 of them for sale
\:\)
Posted By: nytracker

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/24/2015 10:31 AM

I am a leupold man myself. I pick mine up used. I picked up a 4x last spring used for 50.00 bucks at a lgs . Sits in my safe waiting for my next gun. Learned along time ago watching my uncle's and gramps struggling with cheap scopes on 12 gauge shotguns.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/24/2015 1:54 PM

Leupold here also. Nothing else touches my guns. I can't afford to buy cheap. I've bought them new, I've bought them used, and NEVER had one break or need repair.

Buy a leupold, zero it, forget about it.
Posted By: ahandgunhunter

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/25/2015 2:36 PM

cheap=headaches.

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/25/2015 8:16 PM

Well it looks like leupold it is thanks fellas
Posted By: daywolf

Re: Affordable handgun scopes - 09/26/2015 2:59 PM

There's a new brand on the market, Center Point. I have put many of them on my rifles...308 up to .300 win mag. I was burned out almost three years ago, my long guns were in a fireproof safe. It got hot enough inside that safe to melt the plastic flip covers, so I was wondering just how they stood that heat, took them out cleaned them up a bit, and to the range I went. Surprised as I was,they held their zero! So, if their new pistol scope holds up as well, that's the one I'll be buying. I don't know for sure when they'll hit the stores, but I know they are being made now. They are being built in up state New York, and they are a division of Crossman.I purchased the rifle scopes at Wal-Mart, they have two color reticles, three if you count the standard black. They have a replacement guarantee that is very good,as well. The rifle scopes run @70.00.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums