Handgunhunt

Classic Lee Loader

Posted By: Sam86

Classic Lee Loader - 09/24/2015 6:02 PM

Debating about digging up my dads old reloader and buying new dye and all the stuff to go with it or just go with a classic Lee loader. I understand things may change in the future but for now i dont plan to reload a ton of ammo and only want 1 simple load. What do you think about the Lee loaders?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Classic-Lee-Loader/733635.uts
Posted By: freedom475

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/24/2015 6:47 PM

I'd get this one instead! http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/...d%3FN%3D1100195
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/24/2015 7:02 PM

I would suggest this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/...=ProductFinding

or this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/423081/...anniversary-kit

rather than one of those wack-a-mole things.
Posted By: freedom475

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/24/2015 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u

rather than one of those wack-a-mole things.

Now that's funny!!!...You never lived till you've seated primers with a HAMMER!!... Can be a very loud and painful experience. Popped quite a few primers with the wak-a-mole!

It would take days to load enough ammo to enjoy an afternoon shooting on one of these...LOL
Posted By: pab1

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/25/2015 3:20 AM

I started out on a Lee Loader years ago. Never liked hitting that thing with a hammer so it didn't take me long to upgrade. If you do use it I would suggest getting a decent scale instead of relying on the scoops. There is a lot of variation from one scoop to the next even if they look like they are filled level.
Posted By: Badubet

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/25/2015 10:28 AM

The Lee Classic w 4 position turret is a great one for the price of admission.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/25/2015 1:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Badubet
The Lee Classic w 4 position turret is a great one for the price of admission.

I like the turret press myself. If for nothing else, the quick and easy changeovers from one to another caliber.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/26/2015 3:36 PM

Hit with a hammer? Lol. What are yall talking about?
Posted By: pab1

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/26/2015 4:49 PM

Originally Posted By: PsTaN
Hit with a hammer? Lol. What are yall talking about?

Do a search for Lee Classic Loader on youtube and you'll see. You actually use a mallet but I still never liked it.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/26/2015 5:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pab1
I started out on a Lee Loader years ago. Never liked hitting that thing with a hammer so it didn't take me long to upgrade. If you do use it I would suggest getting a decent scale instead of relying on the scoops. There is a lot of variation from one scoop to the next even if they look like they are filled level.
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/27/2015 11:16 AM

ive used the lee hand press for years with out an issue. i do have an old rcbs down in the shead but dont use it much. then im a vary low volume reloader. get yourself a scale also. those dippers are ok for throwing lead down range BUT ya need a scale for good loads.
Posted By: wheeler45

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/27/2015 1:55 PM

A Lee Loader in .38 Special initiated my reloading career. It enabled a poor teenager to shoot and learn.
Posted By: 460man

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/27/2015 2:53 PM

I have a Lee hand loader and a Turret. Both work well. I got the later to do full case sizing on 7mm rem mags. Hand loader great
for strait wall loads. Do get a scale whatever you use. I gives best consistency in rounds.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/27/2015 10:34 PM

I see now!! I had the Classic and Hand Press confused. I'd like to have the hand press as I've looked at it before.
Posted By: sw282

Re: Classic Lee Loader - 09/28/2015 6:32 PM

l remember my Lee Loader and the hammering... Middle 70s and a new S&W Model 14 38 Special.. Beating those 38 cases with a hammer.. Tried seating my first primer.

B A N G and ''Brown Eyed Drawers'' :--0
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums