Handgunhunt

Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style

Posted By: sw282

Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/27/2015 9:41 AM

0ur 0ctober 2015 field pistol match in Gainesville Ga..Great practice for deer season. Targets are 25-50-75-100meters..Field pistols mostly. l am the guy shooting the revolver...

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesso...-revolvers.html
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/27/2015 11:26 AM

Looks like everyone had fun. I hope I can attend one of those someday.
Posted By: eastex

Re: Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/27/2015 1:30 PM

That looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Re: Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/27/2015 2:28 PM

Very cool. I love living in the kinda remote west, but there are times I wish I lived closer to more "happenings". Those distances are very nice. I would not be much interested in the really long stuff of some of the silhouette ranges I see, but that match would have been a football skip for me, for sure.

By the way, I have a S&W 625 in 45acp that is set up similarly to your gun, with a red dot. It's a lot of fun to shoot. I've got a red dot on my FA 454 that I will hopefully be dragging through the brush, soon. I sure could use your kind of tune up.

Craig

Re: Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/27/2015 11:58 PM

Lone Wolf-The guy that posted the thread shoots an event like that at a gun club once a month in Knoxville. They shoot at NIGHT.

Bearbait-the 625 posted is a PowerPort model chambered in 45 Colt. Sadly it is NOT mine.. l am the old guy shooting the two-tone 629 Magnum Hunter 44..The poster/owner of the 625 45Colt is a Handgun Hunter. He hunts mostly Ga Whitetail and hogs...We have quite a few kids there and women too. Kids and ladies favorite is the 22RF 1/4 scale targets using Ruger 10-22 Chargers

Re: Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/28/2015 12:30 AM

Lone Wolf--This is where they shoot in Koxville

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-competitive-shooting/430466-knoxville-tn-ihmsa-shoot.html

Come on down to Gainesville Ga Nov 7...Last match of the year.
Cherokee Gun Range
1600 Candler Road
Gainesville, Ga.

Shoot starts at 0900... Lunch is served too... Visitors welcome.
First timers shoot FREE..

Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Re: Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/28/2015 12:49 AM

Gotcha. You have the revolver with the barrel weight hanging on top of your gun ;^) Those hunter models are pretty cool, too. I actually like the racy looking S&W models, but do not like the comp's that are on all of the ones I have seen. I especially like the slab side looking ones, but again the comps do not do it for me.

I have seen the 1/4 size 22lr silhouette targets over at the Whittington Center here in NM, but the times I have been over there, the range has always been closed. They look like fun. No wonder the kids and gals dig them.

Craig
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Deer Season Practice---IHMSA Style - 10/28/2015 12:54 AM

If I didn't live on the other side of the state from Knoxville, I'd definitely go.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums