Handgunhunt

Ruger Service

Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Ruger Service - 06/15/2016 10:27 AM

I have a Ruger New Model Blackhawk in 357 mag that I shoot a lot. A few weeks ago I was shooting it and noticed that the ejector housing was gone. After looking in front of the shooting bench I found everything except the screw that holds the housing onto the gun.

A couple of days later I sent Ruger a email and asked how I could buy a replacement screw. The next day I got a email saying that if I would send them the serial number of the gun they would mail me a screw.

I did so and three days later the screw arrived at no charge. Now that is customer service.

Thanks Ruger!
Posted By: junebug

Re: Ruger Service - 06/15/2016 12:28 PM

Ruger does have good customer service and it seems like it is getting a good workout lately. Quality control seems to have been ignored on some of there products . Maybe I am paranoid but why would they need the serial # of the gun to send you a screw for the ejector rod housing? I need an end cap for a 10-22 international stock and they wanted my serial # also.I don't see why they would need my number for that.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Ruger Service - 06/15/2016 2:17 PM

Quote:
Maybe I am paranoid but why would they need the serial # of the gun to send you a screw for the ejector rod housing?

They have had a couple of different methods for mounting the ERH over the years. The serial number gives them the make, model and manufacture date so they can provide the correct part.
Posted By: eastex

Re: Ruger Service - 06/18/2016 2:10 PM

I bought a superblackhawk at a gun show a year or so ago and couldn't get the scope to zero so after taking it off the notches weren't cut center. The nice lady asked me to email pics and then told me to send it back and they sent me a brand new gun all in about a weeks time.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums