Handgunhunt

Thompson encore

Posted By: GG

Thompson encore - 09/11/2016 1:31 PM

So I have my Thompson Encore. I really like the gun and it's very accurate but I really don't like the trigger. I have looked around and there are various after market (drop in triggers) available. Whichs one have you guys used with success? I think with a trigger upgrade it would really be a tack driver.
Thanks
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Thompson encore - 09/11/2016 4:02 PM

Mike Bellm of bellmtcs.com. Get a light spring and the pliers to install it, and I guarantee you it will make a world of difference. I got the second lightest spring, and it dropped the trigger pull from a heavy 3.5 pounds to a sweet 1.5 pounds on mine.
Posted By: Duke3026

Re: Thompson encore - 09/11/2016 8:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TN Lone Wolf
Mike Bellm of bellmtcs.com. Get a light spring and the pliers to install it, and I guarantee you it will make a world of difference. I got the second lightest spring, and it dropped the trigger pull from a heavy 3.5 pounds to a sweet 1.5 pounds on mine.

If you go below 2lbs, you will most likely need the stones that Mike offers. I have a rifle frame, and four pistol frames. Only one didn't need the stones.
Posted By: karl

Re: Thompson encore - 09/11/2016 9:06 PM

Originally Posted By: TN Lone Wolf

Thanks for the link and info! I just ordered a spring and pliers kit for mine.

Re: Thompson encore - 09/11/2016 10:03 PM

Thanks. Ill be ordering one soon.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Thompson encore - 09/27/2016 3:03 AM

Hey GG, did you ever order a replacement spring?
Posted By: karl

Re: Thompson encore - 10/05/2016 3:23 PM

I just installed the 2-2.5 lb spring last night and it dropped the trigger pull from 4 to 2 lb, but if I don't release the trigger with a quick motion, it doesn't reset reliably. I got the stone, but need to figure out what angle changes from 90 to 80 degrees and in what direction. A few simple lines over one of the pictures to show how the angle changes would help a lot.
Already a huge improvement.

Update- I compressed the hammer spring slightly in a vise rather then grinding or cutting and now it reliably resets

Re: Thompson encore - 10/09/2016 1:45 AM

Sorry, just read this response. I did not yet order the spring kit. I have done several trigger jobs on Rugers but don't know enough about the TCs to order something yet. I just recently heard about a guy in my area who apparently has done several TCs. I may leave it with him. Problem is we're well into my deer season and I really wanted to hunt with it this year so I don't want to send it away yet. I'll probably hold off until the end of the season.
Posted By: Teep

Re: Thompson encore - 10/09/2016 2:53 AM

I used Bellm's lighter spring and touched my trigger on my G2 with stones I already had. A very simple trigger to work on and with a little work it becomes a great trigger, less than 2 pounds and breaks extremely clean. Took me less than an hour to do.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums