Handgunhunt

Most hated gun(s)

Posted By: AK hgunner1

Most hated gun(s) - 02/18/2017 12:00 AM

What are or were your most hated gun be it hand gun, shotgun or rifle.
For handguns ,sorry Glock people, it is a Glock. Never could get use to the grip.
Shotguns...Can't recall any bad ones.
Rifles....Too many to list...
One of the reasons I am mainly a handgun hunter now...
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/18/2017 2:20 AM

S&W 329 4"
That thing will hammer you.

And-- S&W had a bit of an issue lining the cylinder with the barrel bore on mine.
So every time you shot it --copper bullet jacket fragments would embed in your face.

After 12 rounds you would look like Mike Meyers.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/18/2017 2:27 AM

P89 Ruger horrible trigger and when I put the damn thing in a holster and walked with it, it rattled like hell. 10 gauge shotguns.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/18/2017 3:26 AM

Thanks for reminding me Junebug...I had a H&R 10 gauge single barrel that even though it had weight added to the stock it still kicked like a mule on steroids....Hmmmmm Maybe that is why my neck is messed up now. Dang thing almost made you look backwards from the recoil.
Posted By: IKE

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/18/2017 9:55 AM

Ruger Mini-14 chambered in .223.

I've had two and both of them shot patterns not groups.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/18/2017 8:33 PM

AK, Off hand I guess I liked `em all but was very disappointed with a Premier grade FA`s 357 with a lousey tigger for all the money I paid.....Remember fist time shooting a Glock at the Knob Creek, Kentucky machime gun shoot. It reminded me of shooting a spring loaded toy pistol.... but half the police use so something must be good...S&W 44mag....when you shot a bullet the cylinder unlocked and the fired round came back up...before their endurance package....Had a new cylinder and barrel fitted in 41 and now have a super sweet four inch packin pistol.....
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/19/2017 2:46 AM

Anything with the name Taurus on it.
Anything with the name Franchi on it.
Anything with the name Ford on it. Oh wait... you said guns. Sorry. Got me started, and forgot to stop.
Posted By: briarhopper

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/19/2017 6:00 PM

Anything named Kel-tec, especially their little, plastic pocket automatics.

I have never shot an AK-47 that I even remotely enjoyed.

High-point, either the .45 or .9mm.
Posted By: wheeler45

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/19/2017 6:36 PM

Glock.
Posted By: PAUL TUNKIS

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/19/2017 8:26 PM

Ok guys I don't get to look at classified until I have 50 posts so. don't really hate any particular guns but do wonder why and WTF on a lot of stuff: AK-47, anything in7.62x39 WTF POS useless. Anything in semi auto in 223, zero aesthetics, I know this makes me like Dianne Feinstein right? No, I just don't see the point in something that will only reliably kill small stuff and then tear it up because of high velocity doesn't mean you and everyone else who wants to hunt deer with it, please, go for it, just don't make me do it. I've got an 222 in a combination gun (love it) and generally load it down, have a dead accurate 22 WMR load for it. Fantastic for turkey andpop a full 55gr at 3000 in for the occasional coyote or fox at range.
Posted By: Handgun400

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/19/2017 10:56 PM

Ruger P-89. I never owned one but worked at a shooting range through college and man were those things junk! Someone at Ruger should have been fired, rehired, made to respond to each and every piece of hate mail they received and promptly fired again.

Also had a BPS 10 gauge. Liked the gun well enough but feared the detachment of a retina at every trigger pull. I sold it to a guy who in turn sold it for the same fear.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 12:39 AM

OOOAH, 10ga. Had a friend that lent me a 10 auto once, weighted in at like 20lbs loaded and still kicked my brains out. Giant rounds, really are there still market gunners and PUNT guns in use? That 10 qualified.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: PAUL TUNKIS
OOOAH, 10ga. Had a friend that lent me a 10 auto once, weighted in at like 20lbs loaded and still kicked my brains out. Giant rounds, really are there still market gunners and PUNT guns in use? That 10 qualified.

My new motto. If it hurts to shoot it I don't shoot it anymore.
Posted By: nytracker

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 2:38 AM

I had an old nobles shotgun I hated it jammed all the time. Had a smith a22 that could never shoot twice.FTE
As far as 10 guage I have an h&r long Tom I shot my first turkey with at age 14 and an Ithaca mag 10 that is my goose gun.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 3:38 AM

There's not a gun I currently or formerly own that I hate, thankfully. However, the one gun I've fired that I absolutely do not enjoy shooting is my cousin's old Mosin Nagant. It's everything I dislike in a gun: a heavy, creepy trigger; non-adjustable (left-right, at least) iron sights that send the bullets way to the left even at 25 and 50 yards; a flat buttplate that makes the gun recoil uncomfortably; and a difficult bolt that has a tendency to get stuck both while open and closed.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 6:44 AM

This is fun. Kind of Whack a Mole on stuff you just don't like, please try not to talk I too personally and please try to maintain your sense of humor or we will become 24hrcampfire...

This might just piss someone off, 40-65 with 400gr lead slugs in a Sharps repro with Veneer peep sight, as a serious antelope gun, no, actually had a client years ago who thought this was a viable alternative to a 243... beautiful gun made in Big Timber. Super on the BPCR course of fire, but in the wild, where a five yard misjudge in range and wind drift equals wounded and if not for the guide that you got so PISSED OFF at for shooting YOUR antelope as it heads for Wyoming with a lead slug in its gut with his 270... OK, I love guns, especially those built with a truly great sense of the ascetic, Sharps are beautifully made. It is as usual, a matter of who is driving the machine. good lead into why I went to exclusively guiding fishing for over 10 years.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 6:51 AM

Oooh, Taurus Judge, #3 bought one on a whim, interesting idea but WTF is it actually good for? Snakes? Yep, 45colt shot shell will do the same thing, with a cylinder that might get a 250gr chunk of lead down the range with something other than a Pattern. Or through a 265gr LBTWFNGC with enough speed and accuracy to kill something cleanly. The 45 ACP idea might be better realized in Judge than in Redhawk, but Ruger doesn't make too many stupid guns. Sweetheart, came to the same conclusion, I think She has her eye on a 357 of mine languishing in the safe.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 6:57 AM

Weird commemorative stuff in strange calibers that were obsolete a 1oo years ago and yet people still want them to do stuff they could never do and look like idiots doing it. Strange crappy engraving on any Colt 45 reproduction, I'm embarrassed for the gun...

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 6:58 AM

Chrome plating a firearm that didn't actually belong to Elvis...

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 7:06 AM

Some of those Weatherby rifles from the 50's and 60's that have the inlayed stocks with diamond patterns, a giant Monti-Carlo with roll-over, a fore-end tip made of fake cape buffalo horn, with a matching grip cap, and huge white line spacers on a Packmyer recoil pad. could be any caliber even a somewhat realistically useful one, the gun would be too humiliating to use. Let's not forget those strange Weatherby scopes with the adjustment knobs on top.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 1:27 PM

Let's not forget those strange Weatherby scopes with the adjustment knobs on top.

My grandfather had one of those on his Mark V originally. It's no wonder he replaced it with a Swarovski.
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 1:52 PM

1ST AND FAR AHEAD OF ALL OTHERS, the Rem. 742 30-06! the finest single shot/ semi auto rifle ever made. not all that fond of the " ar platform"
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 1:58 PM

early 742 in any caliber. All they are good for is a boat paddle.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 2:28 PM

No, worse, the Remington 7600 Pump, hopefully in 35 Whelan. Wow, what a nightmare. When we were kids, about 16, one of my friends got one as a first rifle, parents must have wanted to dissuade him from the gun lifestyle, It may have been a 30-06 or even a 270, my god they did make them, what an abomination. Get a good grip on the fore-end and pull the 12lb+ trigger and have the action half-cycle due to recoil, just enough to screw up a smooth transition into the next round. You're gona need it with the 6 inch groups that thing spit out.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 2:33 PM

Mossberg 835. First 12 gauge to take a 3.5" load. I was in college when it came out, and my girlfriend at the time bought it for me for graduation the following spring. Got rid of the gun and her within a month after that. Don't miss either one of them. The gun kicked like a mule, she wouldn't shut up.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 4:06 PM

Quote:
Taurus Judge

I'm with ya on this. A solution in search of a problem. But, what a lesson in marketing, eh......
Posted By: bamabow

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 10:43 PM

I have to second your thought on the 835 mossberg. Bought one of those high dollar turkey choke tubes but to this day I only shoot it at a turkey. Think I'm just trying to send too much lead in a little tiny hole.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 10:47 PM

No, worse, the Remington 7600 Pump, hopefully in 35 Whelan. Wow, what a nightmare. When we were kids, about 16, one of my friends got one as a first rifle, parents must have wanted to dissuade him from the gun lifestyle, It may have been a 30-06 or even a 270, my god they did make them, what an abomination. Get a good grip on the fore-end and pull the 12lb+ trigger and have the action half-cycle due to recoil, just enough to screw up a smooth transition into the next round. You're gona need it with the 6 inch groups that thing spit out.

We called them an Amish machine gun back east. Also know as the Pennsylvania deer rifle seeing until recently you could not use semi auto rifles in PA.
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/20/2017 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Quote:
Taurus Judge

I'm with ya on this. A solution in search of a problem. But, what a lesson in marketing, eh......

+1 i still cant believe anyone is taking that seriously. but to listen to some you would think its the greatest thing since canned beer.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/21/2017 1:28 AM

Originally Posted By: bluecow
 Quote:
Taurus Judge

+1 i still cant believe anyone is taking that seriously. but to listen to some you would think its the greatest thing since canned beer.

Wait... beer is in a CAN now???!!!
Posted By: sw282

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/21/2017 3:15 AM

Ruger Super BlackHawk 44mag 10 1/2'' Silhouette model. Most

BRUTAL recoil of any handgun l have ever fired.. Dragoon ate

my knuckles every time l fired it. Pachmyers were no help.

Made stupid mistake of having it drilled and tapped for rings

and rings to mount a 2x Leupold scope... Recoil was even WORSE.

Like an ugly woman with bad breath, l sent that 44 down the road

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/21/2017 2:24 PM

Ugh. DO not remind me. I did have one of those. No recoil issues but it was super awkward and un-wheeldy. I was unable to find a way to carry it conveniently or could not figure one out. Put a sling on it, that did sort of work. Then I might as well have had a Contender, ick. Sorry, single shot, hand-cannon guys, a handgun uses a straight walled case and has 5 or 6 rounds in a cylinder. Modified, super short, rifles are real cool but in my book they are NOT true handguns in the classic sense. Not flaming here, just my taste in weaponry.
Posted By: Teep

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/21/2017 3:48 PM

Ugh. DO not remind me. I did have one of those. No recoil issues but it was super awkward and un-wheeldy. I was unable to find a way to carry it conveniently or could not figure one out. Put a sling on it, that did sort of work. Then I might as well have had a Contender, ick. Sorry, single shot, hand-cannon guys, a handgun uses a straight walled case and has 5 or 6 rounds in a cylinder. Modified, super short, rifles are real cool but in my book they are NOT true handguns in the classic sense. Not flaming here, just my taste in weaponry.

The old Contenders with the tapered 10" barrels were great handguns (fit in holsters well) but the new long, heavy barrel ones are as you say better off as a rifle. I love my G2 with the 23" barrel, makes a great compact rifle that is accurate, and easy to carry.
Posted By: karl

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/21/2017 4:21 PM

...a handgun uses a straight walled case and has 5 or 6 rounds in a cylinder. Modified, super short, rifles are real cool but in my book they are NOT true handguns in the classic sense. Not flaming here, just my taste in weaponry.

Just watch out that you don't piss off the classic black powder or muzzle loading handgun crowd with your new-fangled repeating firearms.
\:\)
Posted By: BRASF0311

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/21/2017 9:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Raptortrapper
Anything with the name Taurus on it.
Anything with the name Franchi on it.
Anything with the name Ford on it. Oh wait... you said guns. Sorry. Got me started, and forgot to stop.

I'm with you!

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/22/2017 12:23 AM

Chill guys. I did not say they were (fill in whatever negative) I just happen to NOT like them. My personal choice, just like you can have four of them and 27 extra barrels in all kinds of actually neat calibers, wildcats etc. BECAUSE ITS YOUR HOBBY. I do admire them from the technical, engineering point of view, they just never worked for me, I tried, its a good idea. Not everybody likes redheads...

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/22/2017 4:54 AM

Not everybody likes redheads...

Oh but they should!!!
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/22/2017 1:28 PM

ARs......

Spend a few years carrying one, and they lose their appeal. Plus, shooting next to them on an indoor range is a concussive experience -- to say the least.

I do however own one.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/22/2017 3:08 PM

Quote:
I do however own one.

Everybody should have at least one. Same for 1911's ;-)
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/25/2017 9:46 AM

Only one that comes to mind was a Winchester model 190 semi-auto 22. My dad won this back in the mid 70's, and it was junk. Sights were not centered, and even with a scope it was very innaccurate, on those times it would shoot. Every type of ammo jammed, ftf, or fte.
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/27/2017 8:49 PM

Quote:
I do however own one.

Everybody should have at least one. Same for 1911's ;-)

Amen to that.

Not particularly pretty (the AR, not the 1911), but they serve a specific niche pretty well.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 02/27/2017 8:59 PM

Not overly found of the AR's myself but they are a lot better than the M16A2 I had when I was in the Army. Mine rattled and I had to twist the upper and lower receiver just to hold a zero...
Posted By: ratgunner

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/20/2017 9:41 PM

Taurus guns.
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/25/2017 6:53 AM

I have a rack of strictly tactical guns which includes several AR's in different configurations from open sight A4's to fixed stock sniper versions including night vision. As well I have a tactical 12gauge and Glocks, Kahrs, Springfield 1911 and one 9mm a Berretta M92. The Glock is great with trigger work, the M92 I like the trigger the least but before that was a S&W 39 9mm. My 50 BMG gives me a hernia every time I take it out but everything else I've been able to fix with action work or stock/grip change. I will let you know when I touch off the 500NE Pistol for the first time, it may take the top spot.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/26/2017 1:12 PM

Most hated guns...Inaccurate ones.
Posted By: Redhaven

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/27/2017 3:11 PM

Hi Point 9mm, Savage B-Mag, new Savage 42 take-down.
Posted By: WiseGuy

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/28/2017 1:50 AM

This is an easy one for me. Hands down anything 30/06!!!! Every redneck I know owns one and swears by the 06. Drives me crazy mainly because Im a 7mm fan. Funny thing is I bought an Encore 15" 06 last year and killed a deer with it. Just last week I bought the biggest piece of "trash".... the WORLD FAMOUS 742 and get this....with see thru mounts. I grew up watching my grandpa hunt with one so I scooped it up. The Encore barrel was the only gun I was allowed to hunt with on a buddy of mines farm because of course he loves the 06. He even sat on the stand with me and watched me shoot the one with Encore.

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/28/2017 3:20 AM

Good thing you said redneck cause if you said hill billy them thar be fighting words.....hahahah

The classic PA deer rifle. Remmy 760/7600 in '06 with see through rings. Problem is never heard of anyone using the iron sights....
Posted By: WiseGuy

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/28/2017 3:59 AM

I remember my grandpa actually shooting a deer through his see thrus. Something happened with his scope and he popped it with the open sights. I guess now im a little on the "trashy" side...lol
Posted By: thadf

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/28/2017 6:37 PM

I hate 30-06. Not for any reason besides the recoil though.

I had an -06 guide gun. All stainless and synthetic. Super light. Thought it was real cool because I was in Alaska at the time. It was cool, right up until I pulled the trigger. Holy sheep [censored] batman!!!! I never hunted a single animal with it.

I quickly traded it even steven for a guys S&W 629. We were both happy with the trade. Like a dumba**, I got rid of it before I moved back to the states because I didn't want to mess with immigration and stuff through Canada. I was a young soldier and didn't know any better. Live and learn.
Posted By: big spruce

Re: Most hated gun(s) - 03/28/2017 11:50 PM

I m starting to hate my 44
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums