Handgunhunt

Stainless / blued

Posted By: Raptortrapper

Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 12:31 AM

What is your preference? Stainless, blued, or "other".

Mine, BRUSHED stainless.

I figure most of ya will probably take blued though.
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 12:33 AM

Blued for me.
Posted By: Teep

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 12:40 AM

I prefer the looks of blue but considering holster wear and more care to keep rust at bay I've moved to the stainless but don't like cleaning them. I must say that I'm starting to not notice the powder stains as much as when they were new though.
Posted By: karl

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 2:11 AM

Stainless. Prefer a low glare surface finish.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 2:27 AM

Stainless for ease of care, but an interesting question.

I've recently been looking at a 4" barreled .357. The SP101 in stainless and the GP100 in blue are the choices. ... both the same price.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 2:33 AM

Target Gray! Haha. But seriously I like 'em all. Black on brushed stainless looks great as does walnut on blued. Or ivory on either.

Are we talking function or form?
Posted By: AK hgunner1

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 6:35 AM

Actually no real preference. Like both blued and stainless.
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 11:07 AM

Stainless
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 12:46 PM

Blued steel for me....

Posted By: Ernie

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 2:12 PM

Either is fine by me.
If it is one that is on going to be in the mountains with me for extended periods of time or in comps, I would prefer stainless.
Blued is nicer/better looking to me, but I like the more worry free metal. I tend to bang stuff up anyway, so synthetic and stainless is the route I go a lot.
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 5:06 PM

I like the beauty of Blue.
Posted By: rougerocco

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 7:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Whitworth
Blued steel for me....

Sure is purty!!
I like them all, but i try to make them look cool and unique
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/12/2017 9:38 PM

Beautiful blued steel on red velvet for a safe queen.
Bead blasted stainless or camo cerakote for the field.

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/13/2017 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Walkingthemup
Beautiful blued steel on red velvet for a safe queen.
Bead blasted stainless or camo cerakote for the field.

This best grade custom has been dragged through the mud, rain and never treated like a safe queen, and has accounted for wild boar, black bear, and water buffalo. I don't baby any of guns, they get used for what they were built.

Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/13/2017 2:09 AM

More of you like stainless than I figured when I first made the post! One reason I like brushed stainless is because it doesn't show much wear and tear, and if it does, it's easy to buff out and look like new again. It is also easy to keep clean with Sweets 7.62 as long as ya don't get it on the wood!

That stuff will strip the sin off Satan!
Posted By: Muddy

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/13/2017 2:41 AM

I like blued....and a little wear and tear makes it look even better!
\:\)

Dan
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/13/2017 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Whitworth

This best grade custom has been dragged through the mud, rain and never treated like a safe queen, and has accounted for wild boar, black bear, and water buffalo. I don't baby any of guns, they get used for what they were built.

Never doubted that you were the sort of person who would both care for, and use his guns, the way they were designed for. All credit to you.
Sad to say, but over the years I've seen too many fine guns that have never left a display case. To me that's always seemed like a shameful waste of the time, skill and craftmanship of the builder. Likewise all to often I've seen other guns that have suffered badly from corrosion due to extended exposure to winter hunts. Even with careful owners, wet high country winters, with only a fly camp for shelter, aren't easy on firearm finishes.

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/13/2017 1:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Walkingthemup
[ All credit to you.
Sad to say, but over the years I've seen too many fine guns that have never left a display case. To me that's always seemed like a shameful waste of the time, skill and craftmanship of the builder. Likewise all to often I've seen other guns that have suffered badly from corrosion due to extended exposure to winter hunts. Even with careful owners, wet high country winters, with only a fly camp for shelter, aren't easy on firearm finishes.

Oh I know and agree with you. What is the point of a finely tuned and massaged custom if you are not willing to drag it out in the field? It is a waste in my opinion. Just have to take care of them, but even then, a little wear and tear adds character in my humble opinion.
Posted By: Zee

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/15/2017 7:16 PM

I like both. But, have more stainless.
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Stainless / blued - 04/19/2017 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Muddy
I like blued....and a little wear and tear makes it look even better!
\:\)

Dan

Amen. though i wouldn't walk away form a stainless gun.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums