Handgunhunt

GUN SHOWS

Posted By: 45MAN

GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 4:07 AM

I AM GOING TO A GUN SHOW TOMORROW, THEY ARE NOT LIKE THEY USE TO BE. IF YOU NEED SOME COSTUME JEWELRY, CANDIED NUTS, JERKY, OVERPRICED USED GUNS,OVERPRICED AMMO, AR ACCESSORIES OR CHEAP CHINESE KNIVES, LET ME KNOW. OH WELL, ANY GUN SHOW IS BETTER THAN NO GUN SHOW.
Posted By: BRASF0311

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 12:10 PM

I stopped going to gun shows years ago. I couldn't stand the over crowded area and having to fight just to get to a table. I found better prices on-line anyway. They just aren't fun anymore.

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 8:43 PM

WELL, I WENT TO THE SAXET GUN SHOW IN MCALLEN, TEXAS TODAY. A PRETTY GOOD SHOW THIS TIME (FOR MY LIKES), AND WAS REMINDED WHY I KEEP GOING TO GUN SHOWS: SOMETIMES YOU GET LUCKY. IN THE FIRST AISLE WAS A BLUE RUGER BISLEY IN 45 COLT, IN BETTER THAN EXCELLENT CONDITION, MARKED DOWN TO $450, A VERY GOOD PRICE, AND: 1)THE BARREL WAS CUT DOWN TO 5 1/2 INCHES WITH A VERY NICE CUSTOM FRONT SIGHT ADDED, 2) BOWEN LOCKING BASE PIN, 3) FREE SPIN CYLINDER, 4) BOWEN REAR SIGHT, AND 5) A VERY GOOD ACTION JOB, WOW HAD I STUMBLED INTO A BOWEN MODIFIED RUGER BISLEY? I THINK I DID, SO I BOUGHT THE GUN. I DOUBT THAT THE PERSON THAT HAD THE CUSTOM WORK DONE TRADED IT INTO THIS GUNSHOP FOR A FEW HUNDRED DOLLAR CREDIT ON A HI-CAP 9MM OR WHATEVER, SO IT HAD TO HAVE BEEN PUT BACK IN TO THE STREAM OF COMMERCE BY A WIDOW, AN HEIR OR SOMEONE WHO ACQUIRED IT BY NEFARIOUS MEANS. WILL TRY AND GET A PICTURE ON THE BRAGGING BOARD. LONG LIVE GUN SHOWS.
Posted By: Russell

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 9:19 PM

Sounds like you found a 'diamond in the rough', Rey!! Congrats!

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 9:39 PM

HERE IS THE CUSTOM 45 COLT BISLEY I PICKED UP AT A GUN SHOW TODAY
Posted By: Ernie

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 10:04 PM

Good for you!
Posted By: pab1

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 10:36 PM

Nice find!
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 10:42 PM

Nice score!
Posted By: tradmark

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 11:25 PM

Awesome!!! I havent found anything cool or reasonably priced at the shows in west texas for a long long time. Good find!
Posted By: BRASF0311

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/15/2017 11:28 PM

Wow, what a find. I'll give you $500 for it. ;-)
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/16/2017 12:20 AM

Nice grab, every once in a while we run across a good find!
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/16/2017 12:54 AM

like a homerun in the top of the 7th.........
Posted By: Ryan 500L

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/16/2017 4:55 PM

If you feel like driving to Oklahoma next month there's a helluva show in Tulsa next month, about 4-5000 tables usually and I don't see much flea market junk if any

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/16/2017 6:12 PM

I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THE TULSA SHOW, IT IS ON MY BUCKET LIST. I HAVE A BUDDY THAT GOES ONCE IN A WHILE, HE IS LOOKING FOR OLDER COLLECTIBLES.
Posted By: Ryan 500L

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/16/2017 11:38 PM

Oh its something else, it will be worth your trip. You can't see everything because there's so much and so many people in there but there are deals to be had if kinda know where to look. Most of the people with tables have been coming for years and years and there in the same spot every time.
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: GUN SHOWS - 10/19/2017 6:09 AM

Good Find. It needed a good home.
I came across a S&W Custom Shop 3" Model 66 a few years ago at a Pawn Shop. I will guarantee the original owner did not trade it in or sell it to them.
You will like the Tulsa Show. Take paper and a pen to make notes. If you find something you want to locate again, you will need to make notes to find it. The area is listed in Acres not Square Feet. It takes all day to go through it once. Also a small light weight back pack is a good plan to put goodies in. No telling what you might stumble into that you need. Brass, Ammo, Dies, Parts, etc. The One Hour round trip to put something in the car is best skipped if possible.

Bob
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums