Handgunhunt

Nikon Customer Service Outstanding

Posted By: Gregg Richter

Nikon Customer Service Outstanding - 01/09/2018 6:31 PM

I just recently dealt with Nikon on an issue with an offer (free Mildot Calculator, $30.00 value) if you bought one of their scopes. I had procrastinated and by the time I followed up on it, the offer had expired. A girl in Customer Service named Gabriel (very polite btw) sent my request to Corporate Headquarters and they sent me a very polite e-mail that they are shipping me one. And I don't even have to pay the $4.95 S&H.

Kudos to Nikon; I will continue to be a customer.
Posted By: shorter11

Re: Nikon Customer Service Outstanding - 01/11/2018 2:10 PM

Outstanding is the word I would use as well. Though I have only dealt with their customer service once, they went far above and beyond my expectations.
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: Nikon Customer Service Outstanding - 01/11/2018 9:09 PM

own quite a few myself and have had a couple issues. even scopes that were bought used Ive had no problem with repairs, always free
Posted By: pab1

Re: Nikon Customer Service Outstanding - 01/12/2018 5:13 AM

Good to know!
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Nikon Customer Service Outstanding - 01/12/2018 12:36 PM

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED HOW MANY NIKON "REFURBISHED" SCOPES ARE FOR SALE BY DEALERS, THAT HAS ALWAYS BOTHERED ME. I HAVE NO REAL EXPERIENCE WITH NIKON OPTICS, AND IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT NIKON WILL FIX OR REPLACE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OPTICS AND THE RELIABILITY/DURABILITY?
Posted By: spinsail

Re: Nikon Customer Service Outstanding - 01/12/2018 2:58 PM

I have used Nikon rifle scopes for many years with no complaints. I once listened to someone tell me to clean the lens with rubbing alcohol and it immediately dissolved the lens coating. I sent in the scope which was several years old at the time and told them on the phone what had happened. Turned out you had to use an alcohol with a certain percentage of alcohol and I had not and it wasn't recommended anyway. I was not covered by warranty, it was my fault, so I asked if it would be a reasonable cost to repair it. They said to send it in and they would look at it. Two weeks later I received a brand new scope in the mail.
Posted By: karl

Re: Nikon Customer Service Outstanding - 01/12/2018 3:24 PM

I haven't had any warranty or quality problems and I use a few of their rifle scopes and recently got their image stabilized range finder. I looked at their EER scout scope, but at the high end of the magnification, the eye relief was too short for my taste on a pistol.

@45MAN, I wonder if refurbished units are more regional in nature or at different dealers the I frequent. I don't see many.

IMO, I though Nikon was decent glass at a good price
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums