Handgunhunt

Weaver Micro Dot

Posted By: Okie Hunter

Weaver Micro Dot - 01/10/2018 7:28 PM

Has anyone here used or have any insight on the Weaver Micro Dot sight? How good are they and will it hold up on my Ruger Blackhawk 4 5/8 inch 45 Colt?
Posted By: Seminole Wind

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/10/2018 9:27 PM

I put one on a SBH and it lasted about 6 shots before the dot quit responding to adjustments. Returned it and got an Ultradot. Maybe I got a lemon.

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/14/2018 3:48 AM

I found these on sale for $39 at Natchez Shooting Supply. After reading the reviews on Midway USA I changed my mind. I was looking for one as cheap as possible (aka not rich).
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/14/2018 1:11 PM

AGAINST OUR BETTER INSTINCTS, WE ALL ARE TEMPTED BY CHEAPER, AND OFTEN SUCCUMB TO IT. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, AND I HOPE I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON. NO MORE CHEAP CIGARS FOR ME.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/14/2018 8:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Hunter
I found these on sale for $39 at Natchez Shooting Supply. After reading the reviews on Midway USA I changed my mind. I was looking for one as cheap as possible (aka not rich).

Only a rich man can afford cheap scopes.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/15/2018 12:35 AM

Only a rich man can afford cheap scopes.[/quote]

AMEN

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/15/2018 4:06 AM

Thanks guys. My eyes aren't what they use to be. I put a larger red dot on it last year but didn't like the way it looked (short barrel and big optics). That's why I'm thinking about a micro dot. What would you guys recommend?
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/15/2018 2:08 PM

You might check at http://www.ultradotwest.com and check out a couple smaller Red Dots that they now carry. In a small tube sight they offer the HD-Micro which has a 2 MOA dot size.
They also have an Ultradot L/T with 4 MOA dot.
As with the other sights offered by ultradot they are quality made in JAPAN not Chinese junk.
I have bought all of my new Ultradot sights from Ultradotwest, Heather is easy to deal with.

Bob R
Posted By: Seminole Wind

Re: Weaver Micro Dot - 01/15/2018 2:45 PM

There is a really good thread "Red Dot Sights on Revolvers" on the Hunting Forum December 4.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums