Handgunhunt

SILENCE OF THE WOLVES

Posted By: 45MAN

SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 12:47 PM

WOW IT IS SILENT OUT THERE IN POST LAND, MUST BE THE OFFSEASON. I AM WORKING ON A COUPLE OF TOPICS, WILL TRY TO POST 1 THIS WEEKEND.
Posted By: GG

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 12:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Few post, few pics
Posted By: reflex264

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 3:13 PM

Busy. Too busy. Trying to get ready for turkey season.
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 3:49 PM

It has be very quiet lately. I need something to read to keep me out of trouble. This group is where I get most of my handgun hunting information.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 4:12 PM

Minnesota winter......
Posted By: Randy M

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 5:07 PM

Headed to the lease today. Hoping to have a hoglicious story when I return.
Posted By: karl

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 6:06 PM

Heading out coyote hunting this weekend in the Minnesota winter :). Hope to have some results to share next week. I'll be splitting time between the 223 contender pistol and the 25-06 Encore rifle. I've been stuck at indoor ranges for the last 3 months. Probably another month+ before it warms up enough for outdoor shooting.
Posted By: junebug

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 10:55 PM

Rain, rain, and more RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Turkey season doesn't start till mid April.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/23/2018 10:56 PM

Waiting on a pig or exotic.
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/24/2018 2:04 AM

I agree ... too quiet.

I'm working on a new 10mm WFNGC load.

I need to accuracy test it.
Posted By: GG

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/24/2018 2:23 AM

Don't think I'll get to much of a turkey season. My wife gives birth to our second in April. When ever I bring up heading out she says its my fault I can't go. I guess she's not wrong.
Posted By: JDK

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/24/2018 3:11 AM

I'm on my fourth week of bronchitis. But, with all the rain we've had, my oldest son and I are heading to the ranch tomorrow to try y to burn some cedar piles. He'll probably hunt at night with his rifle for hogs I imagine.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/24/2018 3:34 AM

I've been killing time by looking for my next victim... I mean rebuild. Trying to find the elusive and highly sought after, beat up stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk. Been scoping the web, and the local shops. Can't seem to flush one out yet.

They can run, but they can't hide forever!!
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/24/2018 7:35 PM

MY COMPADRE OSCAR GARCIA AND I GOT AN INVITE TO A FRIEND'S LEASE ON THE 7,000 ACRE LA CHATA DIVISION OF ONE OF THE HISTORIC YTURRIA RANCHES JUST NORTH OF RAYMONDVILLE, TEXAS (ABOUT AN HOUR DRIVE FROM HOME). NO HANDGUN HUNTING ALLOWED SO I TOOK A RUGER AMERICAN RANCH RIFLE IN 223 FOR PIGS, COYOTES AND MAYBE A SPIKE. PRIMARILY I WAS HOPING OSCAR WUD GET A SHOT AT A FEMALE NILGAI (THE LESSEES GET SOME COW NILGAI BUT NO BULLS). WE SAW A LOT OF WHITETAIL, TURKEY, JAVELINA, OSTRICHES, WATERBUCK AND NILGAI (MOSTLY BULLS), PLUS ZEBRA, A HERD OF BLUE WILDEBEEST AND HERDS OF ADDAX, THE ONLY GAME ANIMAL THERE THAT WE DID NOT SEE WAS FERAL HOGS. ON THE NEARBY 11,000 ACRE PUNTA DEL MONTE DIVISION THEY ALSO HAVE RED LECHWE, KUDU, NYALA, ORYX, ELAND, SABLE AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE. THE COW NILGAI HAD BEEN HUNTED HARD FOR 4 MONTHS AND WERE VERY WARY AND OSCAR NEVER GOT A SHOT, BUT THIS MORNING HE SCORED ON A VERY NICE 10 POINT BUCK AT 304 YARDS WITH HIS 257 WEATHERBY. FANTASTIC GAME VIEWING AND SAFARI STYLE DRIVE AROUND HUNTING. I HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AND DIDN'T PULL THE TRIGGER. I THINK I NEED HUNTING MORE THAN I NEED THE KILLING BUT AM NOT TURNING DOWN SOME KILLING.
Posted By: junebug

Re: SILENCE OF THE WOLVES - 02/25/2018 1:20 AM

A successful hunt should never be judged by the game we take but by the joy of just being there and the friends we share our time with.Time spent with friends is a precious commodity and should be savored, as it is fleeting at best. Game taken is just icing on very good cake.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums