Handgunhunt

Update on the my TC Super 14

Posted By: big spruce

Update on the my TC Super 14 - 02/23/2018 9:10 PM

Sorta sad news everyone. After the major scope and base disaster I took it one step further and had the smith check out the gun. Upon further examination the threads where damaged in the base mounting holes before I took ownership of the handgun. The gun shop owners decided that it was in everyone best interest if I turned the gun back into them and receive a store credit for future use towards another firearm. The smith had concurred the damage was done by the previous owner of the handgun.

All in all I was out for the Scope. There wasn't a thing that could be done about that. The did make it right with me on the credit side.

So I have about $500 to start over with.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: junebug

Re: Update on the my TC Super 14 - 02/23/2018 10:43 PM

Think I would have kept the frame and just bought another barrel for it.Can you just buy the frame back from them ?
Posted By: big spruce

Re: Update on the my TC Super 14 - 02/24/2018 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: junebug
Think I would have kept the frame and just bought another barrel for it.Can you just buy the frame back from them ?

Well the issue was it was a consignment gun. The shop didn't own it. They just sold it. They didn't want to be responsible for any further issues. It also was showing some problems with the pins wanting to work out of the frame after a few shots. There where many issues with the gun that where starting to show quite quickly.

I have been doing business with this shop for 19 years. They are top notch and have no reason to mess around with a sub par gun.

I m actually looking at getting a new encore right at the moment

or a Ruger Redhawk
Posted By: Duke3026

Re: Update on the my TC Super 14 - 02/24/2018 1:30 AM

Buy a new frame if your set on a T/C. And you can order a MGM, in any caliber you like, for the most part.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Update on the my TC Super 14 - 02/24/2018 3:00 AM

A new G2 frame!......check n see if they still have the $75 rebate.

Then add a custom MGM barrel. 13? should be cheaper.....a reasonable price.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Update on the my TC Super 14 - 02/24/2018 4:54 PM

I have had issues with bad threads on a barrel

Simply drilled and tapped to the next larger size screw.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums