Handgunhunt

SRH Trigger

Posted By: Gsj

SRH Trigger - 05/27/2018 9:20 PM

Shot my new (to me) SRH today. I was pleased overalll, except for the trigger pull. Very hard pulling with a lot of creep. I?ve had 2 SBH?s over the years, and don?t remember the trigger being anything like this one. Is this the norm? I was planing on installing a Wolfe spring kit. Will this help? I really don?t care what the double action pull is like, just wanting a light, crisp single action pull. Is this real world, or is it wishful thinking? What are my options at this point?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: SRH Trigger - 05/27/2018 9:32 PM

Drop a reduced power hammer spring in there and it will make a world of difference. Won't help creep but will help the pull. You would need to do a little work on the hammer itself to reduce the creep. Not hard to do.
Posted By: Gsj

Re: SRH Trigger - 05/28/2018 12:15 AM

Thank you s4s4u. So I should not worry about the triger return spring?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: SRH Trigger - 05/28/2018 2:03 PM

The return spring doesn't have much effect on pull, IMO. I kept the return spring stock on my GP and SRH and just changed the hammer spring and was quite happy with the outcome. I like a quick and positive trigger reset anyway.
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: SRH Trigger - 06/05/2018 1:22 PM

A good cleaning, springs, and oil may be all it needs for a good SA trigger. I lucked out, and my current 9.5" Hunting 480 SRH had a great trigger out of the box.

Look up GP100 trigger Job. The actions are the same.

If springs and cleaning are not enough you have some other things you can work on.

Bob R
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums