Handgunhunt

New Nosler Single Shot Pistol

Posted By: Darrell H

New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/10/2018 12:07 AM

Our friend Mark Hampton has been testing a new Nosler handgun. I'll let him chime in with the details.

Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/10/2018 12:37 AM

Thanks for posting Darrell! I've been shooting the Nosler handgun since late last year. First prototype was in 22 Nosler. Killed a bobcat over the winter with this rig. The revised version arrived in 6.5 Creedmoor. Whacked a Texas hog with 120 gr. BT ammo. Like the 22 Nosler, this thing is also extremely accurate. Preparing for a dall sheep hunt in AK, I sighted-in at 200 yards. Three-shot group measured .810" using factory Nosler 120 BT ammo. And I'm a lousy bench shooter. I have been very pleased with this new single-shot handgun. It's not every day handgun hunters have new products -- especially coming from major players. More information can be found on Nosler's website - and I've got articles forthcoming in AMERICAN HANDGUNNER and GUNS Magazines.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/10/2018 12:51 AM

Looks impressive. A little bit pricier than I'd hoped, but not too much.

Mark, how was the trigger on it? What's the pull weight right out of the factory?

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/10/2018 12:54 AM

Chance, The trigger is two-stage, fully adjustable for pull weight, engagement, and over-travel. Triggers will leave the factory pre-set to 3 pound pull.
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/10/2018 1:40 AM

Nice looking handgun.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/10/2018 5:57 PM

that gun can shoot... best of luck in Alaska....
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 12:21 AM

Mark,
Will the stock retro-fit my XP 100's?
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Hampton
More information can be found on Nosler's website.....

Couldn't find it.

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 12:37 AM

Reloader28 -- Nosler will probably officially launch this tomorrow on their website. Several folks have received email notifications with the Nosler handgun. I believe one of our members posted this link in another thread.

I don't believe the XP will fit in this stock.
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 11:56 AM

Mark the one question I have: Does it have a place to install a bi-pod?
I like the way the grips are styled. And I was glad to hear that Nosler, offered it in something besides their proprietary cartridges.

All in all it looks like a good left handed shooter to me.

My speculation would be that Nosler will wait to see how sales work out, before offering any more choices on calibers?

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 3:22 PM

cherokeetracker, The Nosler handgun features 3 front sling swivel stud holes for bipods, slings, ect. One rear sling swivel stud hole for a side mount or across the chest style sling.

One thing about the grips, there are a lot of aftermarket AR grips available.

I'm sure you're correct regarding additional calibers available in the future. For now, we've got enough to keep us busy for a while.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 3:33 PM

Really a fine looking handgun, Mark! And nice bobcat!

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 3:55 PM

Thanks Gregg! Darn cat was trying to catch a rabbit! I'm enjoying the accuracy from this Nosler 6.5 Creedmoor.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: New Nosler Single Shot Pistol - 06/11/2018 11:09 PM

I might have to get me one of those at some point.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums