Handgunhunt

Finally!

Posted By: junebug

Finally! - 10/01/2018 2:16 AM

I shot production silhouette back in the early 80's before all the classes they have now,even pre .22 L.R.. Got away from it for way to long and just started back late this year with my son. Shot my first 40 today at Crittenden KY. Shooting UAS[ Unlimited any sight] with my Striker .308 and my 165 gr. hunting loads. That last ram was the hardest shot of the day , and the most satisfying.
Posted By: pab1

Re: Finally! - 10/01/2018 4:53 AM

Congrats! Great shooting!
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Finally! - 10/01/2018 11:41 AM

CONGRATS ON THE PERFECT 40! I GOT VERY CLOSE BUT NEVER DID A 40.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Finally! - 10/01/2018 2:09 PM

Congratulations!
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Finally! - 10/01/2018 3:00 PM

Congrats!!!!!!
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Finally! - 10/01/2018 3:35 PM

Good shooting JB...???...

Re: Finally! - 10/01/2018 10:51 PM

Thanks guys.It was a long time coming and to have my son there spotting for me was special. There is a class for every gun now from .22 to big bore,standing or free style and no artificial rests allowed. If you like to shoot and everyone here does you should try it at least once.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Finally! - 10/01/2018 11:13 PM

I did some play shooting a couple times there at crittenden several yrs ago. We even had a specialty pistols website get together/shoot there. Is dean still around there? Geeze forget his last name. Knew him pretty good lol.
Nice range with air reset targets!
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: Finally! - 10/02/2018 4:10 PM

Congratulations junebug
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: Finally! - 10/02/2018 9:55 PM

Congrats. I shoot the Field Pistol version (standing unsupported) and can only dream of a 40.
Its a pity there isn't a version which uses simulated trees, field positions,shooting sticks, maybe the odd high seat etc.......
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Finally! - 10/03/2018 1:22 PM

That's awesome. Congrats on some fine shooting.

Re: Finally! - 10/05/2018 1:44 PM

Kind of a side note to the match. My son wanted to shoot my XP in 221 on the steel and less than 5 shots into the match the bolt pulled all the way out of the receiver. It wasn't a safety issue but the bolt stop was gone. I had him keep on shooting he just had to ease the bolt back till it ejected. [221 is not enough gun for the full size air reset rams].At home pulled the gun down and the pin holding the bolt stop had worked out and fallen down into the stock.First time in the 40 + yrs. I have owned the gun. It is a short blind pin so I put everything back together and will add a small dab of lock tight to the outside to keep it from happening again. When stuff like this happens its a minor aggravation that's all, you just deal with it,and go on. In life just when you think you have the world by the tail, [censored] Happens!!!!!!!!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums