Handgunhunt

Silencer

Posted By: wheeler45

Silencer - 10/29/2018 11:39 PM

I submitted my silencer paperwork this afternoon. A Silencerco Sparrow rimfire silencer now almost belongs to me. A small down payment and monthly "child support"will allow me to use it on the shop's range until the paperwork clears. I am excited.Now I need to buy a threaded pistol. A Ruger Target stainless threaded will soon be mine. Squirrels beware.
Posted By: BKS

Re: Silencer - 10/29/2018 11:55 PM

You will love it, I do mine.
Started with 2 rimfire cans and have already ordered a 45 can now. Work with my dealer now so I can shoot it while I?m waiting on paperwork to clear.
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Silencer - 10/29/2018 11:56 PM

I highly recommend CCI subsonic Segmented HPs. Super accurate in my Ruger MKIII, and they make a loud plop! when hitting the squirrel that's louder than the gun firing so you don't have to wonder if you've hit.
I've probably done 150 squirrels with this load. Super effects.
Posted By: Seminole Wind

Re: Silencer - 10/29/2018 11:58 PM

A suppressed .22 pistol is a 10+ on the fun scale! Every handgunner should have at least one.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Silencer - 10/30/2018 12:18 AM

Warning. Rimfire silencers are a gateway drug to more cans...welcome to the fold
\:\)
Posted By: SnowwalkerMT

Re: Silencer - 11/04/2018 3:16 PM

Welcome to the dark side. One of my best purchases ever was a Tac Sol upper on a Mkiii with an AAC pilot.
Posted By: Seminole Wind

Re: Silencer - 11/04/2018 8:53 PM

Originally Posted By: SnowwalkerMT
Welcome to the dark side. One of my best purchases ever was a Tac Sol upper on a Mkiii with an AAC pilot.

Snowwalker, I also have an AAC Pilot. Have you found any way to clean it internally since it does not disassemble?
Posted By: SnowwalkerMT

Re: Silencer - 11/05/2018 4:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Seminole Wind
 Originally Posted By: SnowwalkerMT

Snowwalker, I also have an AAC Pilot. Have you found any way to clean it internally since it does not disassemble?

I was told to stop the hole with duct tape and fill it with Kroil for 8 hours.
Crude, but it worked
Posted By: rubicon

Re: Silencer - 11/29/2018 3:55 AM

Dip works great as long as it doesn't contact aluminum.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums